Red, Itchy and Sore Anus on My 3 1/2 Yr. Old Boy

Hello, my 3 1/2 yr. old boy has a very red, itchy and sore anus. The doctor guessed what it might be and gave us a prescription cream to put on (it didn't work) and told us to take him off of milk for a week (that didn't work). We are frustrated and confused and don't know what to do next.He is soo uncomfortable!! Has anyone ever seen this or had this experience with their child? He doesn't wear diapers anymore and there is nothing else out of the ordinary (none of us have food allergies). I would greatly appreciate any thoughts, suggestions or advice! Thanks so much!

Sounds like it could be pinworms. Here's a link that might be helpful:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/pinworms/article_em.htm

what I like to call "miracle cream" AQUAPHOR! on everthing and anyone.

My son had what sounds like the same thing, although he was an infant at the time. We tried everything from creams to yeast infection ointment and nothing worked. Finally I went off all dairy, especially straight cow's milk (he was nursing) and that did the trick. You might want to try the no dairy experiment a little longer. It doesn't mean your son is allergic to dairy, just that he may not digest it well yet. MOST IMPORTANTLY, leave your son's bottom dry and naked for a couple of hours a day. Those kind of rashes need air to clear up - you'll be amazed at the difference.

Just read this:

Anal itching: when friendly intestinal bacteria are depressed, a common sign is itching around the rectum.

On this website: http://www.hps-online.com/colon-bacteria.htm

dealing with how to balance the effects of common antibiotics. if your son was on them ever, or even if he wasnt, a great supplement is a powder called "junior bifidus", which i am giving to my son now to prepare for giving him antibiotics. maybe it will help and it can only help his digestion if this is not the cause of the problem!

Hi, I don't know if my girls had the same thing but when they started using the potty they weren't so good at wiping. They now use a baby wipe after they use toilet paper for a poop. Sometimes they didn't get it all and it would irritate their sensitive skin. I would put vaseline on the area. It would generally clear up in a day or two. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

My nephew had what sounds like the same thing and it turned out to be a food allergy. Have you heard of the book, Eat Right for Your Blood Type? This book will give you insight into foods that may potentially cause this problem in your son.

Best of luck.

A. M

hi,
I had same problem with my son. I tried many think. but finally my mom said; get some cotton, put some virgin oil on it and very gentle massage. Belive it or not try this 3 times a day. it will work. this is very naturel think. plus dont give him to much juice

good luck

It may be pinworms. They are characterized by severe anal itching especially in kids. Dr Oz talked about this topic on a recent episode of Oprah. He suggested applying a piece of scotch tape to the anus at night (sounds crazy I know). But the pinworms come out only at night and they will stick to the tape. Then you can take it to your pediatrician and have him treated. There is an oral medicine that work very well. An audience member also stated she could see the pinworms in her poop if she looked very closely. Hope this helps...

wkr

1 / 3