If it is a very small red dot, it could be a sign of a liver that is becoming toxic. The liver will use the skin to release toxins, which are why older people have all those brown spots, it is from years of the liver processing toxins and it is overloaded.
Not seeing the spot makes it hard to say. I know that there are things that you can do to support the liver, such as remove artificial colors and flavors from the diet. You can also support the liver with Milk Thistle, but the dosage should be 1/4 of the adult dosage. Try using natural cleaners and detergents in the home as well, which will cut down the amount of toxins in your environment. It is interesting when we start looking how many toxins are in our environment that can harm our children, such as carpeting, plastics, paints and cleaning products, even perfumes are toxic.
You can go to the health food store and look up liver toxicity in Prescription for Nutritional Healing or buy a copy as a reference for many ailments. It offers many helpful suggestions for all problems that humans can encounter.