Red Bumps on Cheeks

My son has had red bumps on the face his some time. I have put different lotions and creams that the doc or other moms have said to help with it. The doc says it is baby ecezma. It doesn't seem to really bother him. Well the other day i have noticed that it is starting to development on his arms. I hope that he grows out of it like the doc said. Has any other mothers out there had to deal with this and what did you do?

My older son had that until he was about 2 years old and even longer in the winter months. It did get progressively better, but I had to stay on top of it to keep it in control. I found the best combo to get rid of it was hydrocortizone and Aquaphor. And Aquaphor did the best to keep it from coming back. I always applied it to his cheeks/arms and legs after every bath.

Good luck!!

You may have already had this recommendation, however it worked with my daughter. We used a cream called Aquaphor Healing Ointment. It is pretty greasy, but it worked. It is great for many other things as well. Good luck!

Good luck!!

My son has baby eczema. It started on his face & then spread to his arms...right around his elbows. I switched my detergent to All Clean & Free, and switched all of his bath products. We use Aveeno wash & shampoo for babies & Cetaphil for the areas that are broken out. We also use CeraVe (you can find this at CVS) to keep him moisturized. I would highly recommend all of the above!! If it gets worse, I'd take him to the dermatologist for some stronger prescription meds. That's what we had to do :) Good luck!!!

I am a big believer that skin issues like this are usually a product of what your baby is around. Instead of trying to remedy the rash, why not try and figure out why it is there and see if you can fix the root of the problem.

I use all natural laundry and bath products and they have worked extremely well in my house for 5+ years. I would love to share them with you, ____@____.com , or you can check out your local health food store (they can be a bit pricey). But you would see a difference in about a week's time if it is an exposure issue once you switch over.

GL!

My nephew had baby ecezema and they switched him to soy based formula and at a year soy based milk and it really did the trick. Just a thought.
Take care, Jen

Eczema as you know now is quite common, but that doesn't mean he(or you) have to live with it. My son has had it for several months. We started by eliminated everything that could be a culperate. Food items( for both of us, since he is breastfed and now on solids and breastmilk), detergents, dogs/cats, as much dust as possible. Anything you can think of we tried to limit if not eliminate from his area. He is much better now, but it was a long diffecult path. Just stay true to what you are comfortable with and stick to your heart. DOcs will offer meds and creams, which in my experience sometimes work, sometimes don't. We use vanicream - a very 'clean' lotion and quite nice when he needs the extra moisture. It doesn't have any harmful additives and such. Pharmacies carry it since it is used as a compounding cream. Just take your time and do what you are comfortable with. I'd be happy to chat if you need or want to. V.

L.,

Ecezma is not an easy mountain to climb. The key to to make sure you keep it under control before it becomes ITCHY. Have some Eucerin, Benadryl, and Aveeno oatmeal bath ready. And don't be afraid to use the "steriod cream" that your doctor will probably prescribe. It does wonders on my hands, and my nephew has used it on his face for almost 14 years.
Also, it is a hard hard task, but you can try eliminating items from Jakob's diet to try to figure out it there is a food source causing it. Some people insist it is food related - I think some of us simply get stuck with it.

E.

Hi L.!! It does sound like ezcema. I have a few friends that have (or their children have) the same issue. They've switched their products (cleaning, hygiene, etc) to all natural products. Once they got the chemicals/toxins out of their house, their ezcema cleared right up and hasn't come back!

If you'd like to hear more - please contact me! I'd love to help you out!

Hi L.:

I have eczema as does my 2 year old. I've found that using gentle lotions and soaps is important. Keeping the skin moisturized with Aveeno or Gentle Naturals Eczema cream has alleviated the rash. I've noticed that getting overheated can make eczema worse in places like the backs of her knees. When she was a baby I dressed her in shorts and short sleeved tops to keep her arms and legs from getting too hot. If it gets too irritated I use a small amount of hydrocortizone cream prescribed by her doctor. It has kept the eczema under control. Now that she's 2 years, the eczema has calmed down and her skin looks much healthier. Hope this helps!

1 / 3