Recurring Fever - Sound Beach,NY

Hi!
Just wondering if any of your children have experienced the following symptoms as of late? Fever off and on for 11 days. Fever lasts for 24 hours and then gone for 3-4 days. Also, my 4 year-old son vomited a few times with this last fever. I am freaking out! I had the doctor do a CBC and Lyme and they came back fine yet waiting for the urinalysis. They said it was coxsackie at first...could he have picked up another virus?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSES!!!!

My DH and I were just saying that it seems like the virus' going around are holding on for quite some time AND it seems like there is always a secondary infection going on. I don't get it. My whole house is fighting a virus right now for what seems like 3 weeks now. Just keep talking to the doctor if it isn't improving.

I was going to suggest a urinary tract or bladder infection, but it sounds like they've already tested him for that. It could be "just a virus." My doctor told me (at our most recent "what is this random fever" visit) that a fever isn't such a big deal in kids, as long as they're acting fairly normal. If they're lethargic and sleepy and can't seem to find any energy to do anything, then you have a problem.

I know it's frustrating. My 4 year old just came off of a 3 day fever thing. "Just a virus." They ought to just put an ATM in the lobby where you can put your Visa card in, and a recording can say, "It's just a virus, keep doing what you're doing, 7 - 10 days, blah blah blah." It would save the doctor a lot of time. :)

A. @ http://prettybabies.blogspot.com

Ask about :Kawasaki disease" have a simple blood test done!

Make sure the Dr is running the advanced Lyme tests. My daughter's Lyme didn't show up until the 3rd or 4th time she was tested

Yes, my sister's little daughter had this same thing last year. Nasty virus that held on for a long while. It will pass though. God bless!
D. N.

Hi R.:

It could be a number of reasons. Continue to inform your doctor and consult with an Alternative Care Provider to assist with treating the root cause and symptoms. Contact me if need be.

All the best,
N.
www.wholecreations.com/wombfull.html

Hi R.- If you check my Q& A I'm actually going through the same thing now with penelope. She started feeling warn last Wednesday and fever of 104 until this past Wednesday- she would be fine during the day and then BAM after 5-6pm fever fever fever- she was in pain- legs crampong and couldn't even close her eyes- she now has a bacterial infection on her tonsil- seems like the fever helped bring the infection out and it went to her tonsil- it's so gross looking but seems to be getting better with the antibiotics. have you checked - check their throats and see if they have anything- but yes it's def a bug out there- I remember when I was a kid it wasn;t this bad- Wow- these bacterias and viruses just get worse and worse!!!
Good luck! J.

I've had the same issue with my 4 year old. His Dr. said it's just a nasty virus going around and they are seeing a lot of it.

1 / 3