Recommendations on Travel Boosters/high Chairs

I am wondering if anyone has any portable/travel high chairs or boosters that they just love! I am looking to have a good, versatile chair that we can easily take with on trips and when eating out at restaurants/pub/etc that may not have safe high chairs. I bought the Fisher Price booster and Chicco clamp on, foldable travel chair, but can't decide on either one. Any suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks

Thank you to everyone who responded. It seems that just as many people agree with the plastic boosters as with the clamp on boosters, but I appreciate all the input!

We have the Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat and love it. It has held up for 3 years, was inexpensive and easy to travel with.

I got mine from target and I love it (see link below). We use it instead of a high chair at the table (my daughter is 1 1/2) and we take it on the go as well.

http://www.target.com/Eddie-Bauer-Pop-Up-Booster-Seat/dp/...

wow...you've got a lot of responses already. Well...I guess i'll add another great booster to the list. It's Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster. At Target, they are $24.99. I've purchased five of these for our son. (one for each grandparent's homes that are out-of-state, one for our dining room, one for our back patio table). they are easy to collapse and take with you any where, but i bought them for the out-of-state-grandparents so we wouldn't have to take so much on the airplane. they are very easy cleanable and safe. i like that it fastens to the chair as opposed to the table, because we have a nice wooden table we wouldn't want to scratch. now, we just use it as a booster and pull him up to the table. he's used it since he was 4 months old. i think it's a great alternative to the space-using high chairs. here's the link: http://www.target.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Booster-S...

good luck!

i found this really great inflatable seat, but it doesn't have a tray with it, so you'd have to go with the stick down table mats (which are throw away) so you could attach it to a chair and then have baby eat right off the table. sorry, don't now the brand name, but i found it at target.

I also have the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster. I like it for some of the same reasons as the other posters. I like that it fastens to the chair, and that it can be used as a regular booster as the child eats at the table since the tray can be completely removed. The trays also can be washed in the dishwasher and the bases can be cleaned easily. It has height adjustments as well. You can also fasten the straps that attach it to the chair when it's folded down and sling it over your shoulder to carry it. The tray can snap on the base with the back of the seat folded in so that it's pretty square and secure for packing in the car. However, it's not a real small one that can be packed in a suitcase or in an overstuffed car. But it is very convenient. We carry two of them around with us when we're taking our family (with twins) to eat somewhere else. Especially at someone else's house. Hope this helps.

I LOVE the chair we got for our daughter. It is the Healthy Care booster seat from Fisher Price. It folds up and the back of the seat is a handle when folded. It just straps onto any chair, has the belt to strap them in and a dishwasher safe removable tray. We leave it in the car all the time. For a while, we just used it as her highchair. You have GOT to get one. We recommended it to some of our friends for their 1 year old, and they love it as well!

KMart has booster chairs that strap onto any regular dining chair. I don't know what brand it is, but have used it for my very lively grandson and it worked fine. Have also used the clamp on the table type. Just use your own judgement as to what works best for your child. The type of table and weight of the child makes a difference. It it feels flimsy under the child's weight, it probably is.

I LOVED the Me Too Chair!

http://www.amazon.com/Phil-Ted%2527s-MeToo-Chair-%252d/dp...

It folds so flat that it takes up no room in a suitcase and can be easily put into a diaper bag. The thing I have heard about the Chicco that is a problem is that there is a big gap between the child and the table, so alot of food hits the floor. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Me Too!

I have one by the first years. It is small, and super portable. We have already used it at several resturaunts and we are planning to take it with us on some international travel to be our primary high chair while we're away. I absolutely LOVE it! Heres a link to it on Target.com

http://www.target.com/The-First-Years-On-The-Go-Booster/d...

good luck!

I hated our high chair so much I sold it on craigs list and got the folding travel one from fisher price. I LOVE it and it was so affordable. We actually skipped the high chair for our 7 month old, and just bought another fisher price.

1 / 3