Recommendations for Toddler with Narrow Feet

Hi out there. My daughter is almost 11 months old and is greatly enjoying her new found freedom as she starts to walk. I am trying to find out if anyone can recommend a good shoe that works for narrow feet. Her feet are super skinny. Most childrens shoes seem to be made wide or for pudgier feet which worked well for my son, but now I can't find anything that works for her. She measures a 4.5 so I can put her in a 5 but there's just too much space! Please help. I love shoes and can't stand her not having any!

Thanks everyone for the great responses. I'll keep you posted as I go shoe shopping!!!

Go to a Stride Rite. They have more specialized shoes than any other children's shoe company that i have ever come across.

I have a 3 year old w/ large but very narrow (especially in the heel) feet. I have found shoes for her at Stride Rite, but only at the Outlet store, the regular store did not carry narrows. Not all brands at Stride Rite work though. I also sometimes get lucky at Target, depending on the style of the shoe, the Circo brand can work.

Preschoolians are great for narrow feet. They have 3 different foot beds to accommodate any width. www.preschoolians.com

And they are soft soled which is supposed to be the best for little feet learning to walk and run.

take care!

You might go to a Stride rite store. They can size your daughters feet and have narrow and wide sizes.

Robeez and Robeez Tredz have worked really well for my daughter with narrow feet.

Go to Stride rite, they have narrow to x-wide for kids.

How about Robeez? She doesn't really need a structured shoe, anyway.

D.,
What if she wears fuzzy socks with them, they should take up some of the room, and make the shoes not so loose.
W.

Stride Rite specializes in shoes for really narrow to really wide. They are a little pricey but they always seem to have sales going on. They also have shoes are specifically designed for new walkers.

The best shoes for new walkers are the little soft leather moccasins, such as Robeez, or Soft Star shoes. Target has a brand of their own that are just fine, too (near their baby socks). Jillions of cute styles are available. If you have even basic sewing skills, they are also easy to make. http://chloetoesboutique.com has a good pattern. I put galoshes on my 19-month-old to play outside if it's wet. Otherwise, she wears her little soft leather shoes/moccasins--and they are nice for non-walkers, 'cause they help keep the socks on!

1 / 3