Recipes for Chicken Breast

I was wondering if anybody has a good recipe or ideas for ways to prepare Chicken Breast. The old Shake N' Bake Chicken breast is getting boring. Any ideas you Moms can give me would be wonderful.

Wow... Thank You everyone for all of your suggestions. All of you Mommies are the best. So I have a lot of recipes to go through, but will definitely be trying a lot of these out. We will definitely be eating a lot more chicken at my house in the near future.

I bake chicken in a marinade of orange juice, honey, ginger,a little garlic and white pepper. My family never seems to tire off it. I began this when my son was young and a picky eater.

Chicken Fajitas...

Cut into strips and marinate in the following for 30 minutes
1T. apple cider vinegar
1T. soy sauce
1T. worcesteshire
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 tsp. chili powder

Saute in the marinade with veges and serve w/ rice, cheese, beans on a tortilla. Yumma yumma!

M., Most of the major food companies have recipies on their websites as do some of the appliance companies, such as GE appliances. Consider www.allrecipies.com - they have some great stuff. And www.meninaprons.net is a fun site. Good luck - J.

M. P,
I have THE BEST receipe for you. My family calls it "Our favorite chicken". I have no idea where I got it from but have been making it for almost 20yrs. It's real easy!!It only takes about 10 min's to prepare & 20 min's to bake. I usually serve it with a vegie & rice a roni.

"Our Family Favorite"
4- Boneless/Skinless chicken breasts
1Cup- Mayo/or light mayo
2TBSP - Mustard/original preferred but you can use a lil spicy brown for taste.
1/4Cup-Parmasean cheese
1 or 2 Cups- bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 375 degree's.
In small mixing bowl combine mayo,mustard & parmasean cheese(the cheap kind works best). Clean & dry chicken breast. Brush chicken with mayo mixture.(Save leftover sauce or make second batch for dip) Then roll & press chicken in to bread crumbs. Place piece's of chicken on a cookie sheet(you can spray with Pam but it won't matter if you don't)Bake @ 375 for approx 20-25 minutes till golden brown.
You MUST serve chicken with a lil mustard sauce on the side for dippin. This is what the kid's like the most, the sauce for dippin!!!! When preparing chicken be careful not to put brush back in sauce, or if your'e worried you can just make a second batch for dippin. I promise your family will love it & you will want to make it again & again cause it's so easy. Hope you like it.....

Here are 3 recipes that my family enjoys!

Famous Butter Chicken
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup crushed buttery round cracker crumbs (I use low sodium ritz)
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
* ground black pepper to taste
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 1/2 cup butter, cut into piece ( I only use about 2 tbsp)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place eggs and cracker crumbs in two separate shallow bowls. Mix cracker crumbs with garlic salt and pepper. Dip chicken in the eggs, then dredge in the crumb mixture to coat.
3. Arrange coated chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place pieces of butter around the chicken.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Easy Skillet Chicken Parmesan
Prep 5 minutes Cook 25 minutes Makes 6 servings

1 tbsp olive oil
6 skinless chicken breast halves (or chicken pounded thin)
1 1/2 cups prego traditional italian sauce
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Heat oil in 12” skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned

2. Stir sauce and 3 tbsp parmesan cheese into skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.

3. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan cheese over chicken. Let stand for 5 minutes or until melted. Enjoy!

Cream of Mushroom Chicken

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 tsp thyme or sage

mix together and spread over chicken breasts
bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 55 minutes. Baste several times while chicken cooks.

you have a lot of recipes in the responses but here is one more. It's made similar to shake and bake but you make your own breading. My family begs for it. It's almost as good with thighs or legs.

Take a bag of bold and spicy Chex Mix. Whirl it through the blender or food processor until not quite fine. You don't want big pieces left and you don't want it flour-fine. Mix it in a zip loc bag with grated parmesan (don't use the powdered kind - get the fresh in the cheese section). I use a mixture of almost half and half cheese and party mix. Add mixed Italian herbs to taste (yes, taste the breading and make it taste your way).

Roll thawed chicken breasts in melted butter then in the breading mix. Make sure they are well coated or add a bit more when in the pan. Place in a pan. You don't need to spray first but a light spray helps clean the pan later. Bake until done (takes me about 30 minutes at 375 but you have to check it).

If you make your breading and then use only part of it, you can seal and refrigerate until next time if you remove the breading mix to roll the chicken so the juices don't get into the mix. It will keep a week or two.

Sounds complicated but is really simple and awesome.

I just tried a really great recipe that is pretty easy:

Zesty Chicken Tortilla Bake

1/2 cup Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise
1/2 cup flour
3 cups milk
8oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
16 flour tortillas

Mix dressing and flour in medium saucepan with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Cook and stir on medium heat until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in half the cheese. Reserve 1 cup of the prepared sauce.

Add chicken, salsa, and parsley to remaining sauce; stir until well blended. Spoon 1/3 cup of the sauce mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place 8 of the roll-ups, seam sides down, in each of two (11x8in.) baking dishes; top evenly with reserved sauce and remaining cheese. Bake at 375*F for 25 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.

My mom has a great marinade recipe for grilling...and it's super easy! My whole family uses it whenever we grill. I just mix all the ingredients in a Ziplock bag and put the chicken in and let it sit for at least an hour before grilling. All you need is:

1/2 cup veg oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
paprika, pepper and salt to taste (not too much salt because soy sauce is salty)

Also, I've found a GREAT recipe website that has a lot of different recipes from real people. It's www.recipezaar.com I love to look up different ways to prepare everything on this site.

Good luck and happy eating!!!
N.

A friend just sent me this one. I haven't tried it but two other friends did and loved it.

FOIL PACK TACO CHICKEN

Chicken breasts (as many as you want)
1 package Taco seasoning mix
red potatoes sliced thin ( I used 1 med potato for each chix breast)
Jar of salsa
shredded reduced fat Mexican style cheddar cheese
Can serve with side of sour cream

Preheat oven to 400
Tear off sheets of aluminum foil to make your packets...one for each breast
Spray foil with PAM
Place sliced potatoes on center of foil
Place chicken breast on top of potatoes. Sprinkle generously with taco seasoning
Top each breast with salsa and then sprinkle each with cheese.
Bring up foil sides and double fold top to form a complete seal all around (leave some room for circulation inside).
Place packets on baking sheet. Bake 30 to 35 minutes.

You can season it with garlic powder, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning and grill or broil it for a quick entree alternative.

If you're interested in something on the stovetop, slice the breast meat into 1/2-1" wide strips, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, dredge in flower, brown in a pan with a little olive oil, then add 1-1/2 to 2 C milk (soy or rice milk is also fine) and 1/4 c heavy cream. Stir and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens. You can substitute sour cream for the heavy cream. This is incredibly decadent over rice, pasta and/or veggies and takes less than 30 minutes from start to dinner!

I love to cook, so let me know if you'd like other recipe ideas.

Buy a box of Lipton dry soup packets in a flavor that appeals to you, like onion-mushroom. Mix one dry soup packet with 1/3 cup mayonaise and 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese. Spread mixture over 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and sprinkle with bread crumbs just enought to cover the breasts. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Tastes great, may be a bit salty for some tastes, so you could always substitute another cheese with less sodium in it. Quick, easy, and delicious! Also, try just peppering the chicken and frying in butter in a frying pan. Another idea is to butterfly your chicken breasts (split them length-wise) and stuff with your favorite cheese, maybe add some spinach, mushrooms, or sun-dried tomatoes, and a touch of garlic, cook on stovetop and finish cooking in the oven to be sure it's cooked through

1 / 3