Real Estate?

I have a question about real estate school. Any real estate agents out there have any suggestions? I have a B.S. degree. How long would it take to get my real estate license? is it really hard?

I too have a BS and like you thought I would try real estate. I went to Champions and got my license in record time. What I didn't take into account is I was working when the rest of the world was off - mostly nights and weekends. When my kids were at home, I was out showing houses. I decided that it was not a good career move for me and switched gears. I am now a paralegal and have evenings and weekends to spend with my family.

I'm a mom of a 6 year old and a 3 year old and I am a Realtor. I got my license while on maternity leave with my daughter. The classes were not hard for me. I had to take 4 30 hr classes. I also already had a college degree. Many classes transfered. I'm not sure what state your in so your guidelines may different than Texas.I was a middle school teacher for 11 years. I did real estate part time at first to see if I could make it work after my second child I went full time. I have so many things I would tell you before beginning a career in real estate and being a mom. I have learned a lot. I have been very blessed and have a very successful business but it has come with a lot of support from my family and I have had to sacrifice a lot of time with my kids which was the exact opposite of why I did it. It has gotten better and I have learned a lot about valuing my time and making a schedule. If you would like some honest advice I would be happy to share more. It has been the most rewarding career ever and I love the flexability but it has also been the hardest thing I have ever done and I have put more into it than I ever thought I would have to. Successful Realtors don't just happen. You are not really in the business of just selling homes. You have to learn to market yourself and be able to sell yourself so that you have someone to sell homes to and lead generation is what it is all about. Call me anytime. I'm happy to help a fellow mom and a future Realtor. ###-###-#### ____@____.com www.staceymccomb.com.

With already having an undergrad, you should only be required to take 150 hours of real estate classes.

First, send in your request for evaluation of education:

http://www.trec.state.tx.us/formslawscontracts/forms/form...

I'm in the process now of taking classes to get my license. There's an online program, that an agent-friend recommended. I've been pretty happy with it, so far. You go at your own pace, and don't have to worry about being in a classroom at set hours.

http://www.agentcampus.com/texas/realestate/texas-real-es...

A. - There are very good online programs in which to get your education. Since you have a bachelor's degree, some of the hours can be counted, but you still need to go thru core real estate courses. Getting your core education courses is the longest time (check out several schools online) - it can be a quick as a week or two, depending on how many hours you want to spend on it. Then you need to apply with TREC to 'sit' for your exam - if you hand deliver your scores, etc...it will be a much faster turnaround. Then you sit for both the national and state exams, you get to find out right at the conclusion if you pass or not. Then you need to apply for a license(and it's best to have a broker in mind when you apply - it will save time later). Then you will receive your license in the mail. I am currently with Keller Williams and would gladly sit down with you to discuss the possibilities of being part of the team. I tried to 'fast track' everything and was able to get my license start to finish in about 3 1/2 weeks - it was very, very aggressive. Email me if you have any questions. Good luck and take care, T.

Great question. My husband is a Realtor and we do property management. I am assisting him right now. I am currently enrolled online with Texas A&M through celi-edu.com. I wish I had the childcare to attend the classes that get it done in five weeks and be done with it. Of course, since I enrolled, life has been a whirlwind and have not been able to put the time into it. If home life is very crazy, do the classroom setting if you can. If things are calm and you have some time at home, the online classes would be okay.

Congrats and good luck!

I loved realestate.. I was a realtor for 18 years... I dont think its that hard, I never went to college so your ahead of the game. The only thing i didnt like WAS stress and the every weekend thing (thats when people want to look) . I now work from home and make more money but that is just because i wanted to CHOOSE my hours more and spend time with my kids when I wanted. I have SIX rugrats....good luck and i hope you do well.. take care L. ____@____.com

Champions School of Real Estate is the way to go. They are VERY helpful & can answer all questions you might have. I actually just completed all of my courses & am on taking my prep test. They say not to take the state exam until you can make at least a 90 on the prep test. Good luck!

You can always do a general web search on "real estate schools" or goto www.realtor.org to see if that provides any info for you. Good luck!

I am a Real Estate Inspector and took classes at Champions School of Real Estate. I have misplaced the phone number, but you can find them online. It is a very good school and my Father previously taght Home Inspection classes there. Good Luck!

1 / 3