Rash Under the Armpit and Under arm..Help!!!

I have been working out for over a month now. I.have developed a bumpy rash in my armpit and under my biceps. I have tried vaseline, corn starch,hydrocord. Cream. The dermatologist face me hydrocos gel which has a steroid in it. I have used it for 3 days twice a day and i still am itchy and hurting.. any advice????_please. I'm in a wedding.next weekend

I had the same issue a few years ago. I think it started with shaving or an allergy to my deodorant combined with sweat. I went to the doctor because it was driving me crazy and she gave me a special lotion that I think had steroids in it that worked wonders. It wasn't an infection for me, but I have sensitive skin to begin with and I think either the razor or the shaving cream irritated me and then the scratching made it worse. Go back to the doctor and have them prescribe something else.

I'd try taking an antihistimine like they do when kids get rashes and see if that helps.

Is it possible it is something like Shingles. When I had mine it was in my armpit area and underneath along my side. It was tingly, itchy, and sore. Sorry you are having troubles. I which I had some great all round cure but I can't think of anything else.

Maybe a yeast I infection. I had one on my c section scar.. After doing spinning classes.. Finally I went to the doctor wish I would have sooner an rx cream for yeast infections on skin cleared it up right away. I just went to my primary care doctor.

I would go back to the dr. Maybe ur having a reaction have u tried just taking Benadryl? It could have been something u where detoxing out of ur body sweating

My daughter had something similar a few weeks ago. The rash seemed to be caused by a virus, but then it got infected and kept spreading. The doctor prescribed mupirocin ointment (an antibiotic) and it improved immensely. The rash went away completely within about 7 days. See a doctor as soon as you can. You might be able to get rid of the rash by next weekend if you treat it right away.

I'm not clear. Did you see a dermatologist and if so what did he say? If not perhaps it's time to see one.

Like CW, I've had a rash under my arms and it was caused one time by shaving with an older razor. Another time, I changed deo and it went away.

Do you mean the dermatologist gave you hydracortisone gel? Hydracortisone is a steroid and should work if the rash is caused by an allergy, unless you continue to use what you're allergic to. Perhaps try using a different soap. And stop shaving. Even if it's not the shaver causing the rash, shaving irritates the rash and will cause it to continue being irritated and thus stay.

As far as the gel is concerned it may take longer than 3 days for it to work.

In the armpit, good chance that it's a yeast infection. My kids get them all the time.

Get some Monistat and try it. If it's yeast, it will start to clear up in a day with treatment.

1 / 3