Rash Under Breasts and Stomach

I just noticed a red rash under my breasts and on the top of my stomach. It is not itchy, not raised. They are different sizes, no pattern. I do not think it is a heat rash. Any ideas of what it could be? I heard it might be a yeast infection. Has anybody had that there? Is there anything OTC I can put on it? I am breastfeeding. I was thinking maybe some monistat cream. can you put that on your skin? I do have an appointment previously scheduled with a dermatologist on wednesday so I will bring it up then, but in the meantime what can i do?

I showed the dermatologist. (Well the nurse practicioner) She didn't seem to say what it was but prescribed me some cream that was a cortisone and some anti fungal. AFter 2 applications it was gone.

I get that on occasion, ever since I had my daughter a year ago. I guess our body chemistry changes so much after birth! I just use the medicated baby powder and it goes away within a day. Also make sure you was your bras as often as you can.

Hi, B.:
Possibly use Pro-biotic capsules.
Friendly Bacteria capsules.
Open one or two up and put the contents
on the rash until you can get to the Doc.
Good luck. D.

hi a question for you are you large breasted women, because if you are, i have the solution try putting deodorant where the rash is i have this problem mostly in the summer but although i have had it in the winter too i hope this helps. i use Secret Gel.

you can put monistat on your skin. i have worked in a nursing home for years and have had to put some under some of my patients breast because they had a yeast infection there. i would have to see it to tell you if that is what you have but since icant.... have your doc take a look to get an acuurate diganosis. good luck

I had this with my daughter and I did use Monistat. Just put it on after your baby nurses and then wash it off before nursing again. For the record, Monistat was not strong enough, I actually had to get a prescription for me that was topical and oral for me and the baby. She ended up getting what is called Thrush which is basically a yeast infection in the mouth.

I also saw my OB and the Pediatrician, not a dermatologist, not sure if it makes a difference.

Ever since my c-section, I have the tendancy to get yeast infections around my scar on my abdomen. I found that Gold Bond powder or the generic equivalent makes it go away very quickly (within a day or two). Now, after showering, it is part of my routine. Dollar tree has some as well. I would suggest that you not let your baby ingest it though. It is medicated. Good luck and hope this helps.

It sounds like a rash that I had recently. It has a funky name that I can't pronounce or spell =) but my dermatologist told me it's basically a yeast infection that can be brought on by heat. She gave me a prescription lotion for it and it cleared it up in about a week or 2. And I'm pregnant, so I'm sure the same thing would be ok for you to use while breastfeeding. I would just talk to the dermatologist about it. I tried different OTC stuff on it but nothing ever helped. I never tried monistat though. If it was me, I'd just wait since you have the appointment on wednesday.

1 / 3