Rash Patches on 12Mo Daughter's Back

She just got over Hand Foot and mouth disease a little over a week ago and now I am noticing little rash patches (about dime size). They start on her lower back, going up to her arm pits and I just noticed one on her belly. It doesn't look like ringworm but I wasn't sure if HF&M could mutate into some other disese on the skin. It doesn't seem to be bothering her so I thought I would get some input here before calling the doctor. THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Was she on an antibiotic? My son was put on amoxi last year and after taking it for about a week, he broke out in a rash. The doctor said he was allergic and that its common for the rash to take about a week for it to appear. My son's was really bad with swollen lips and fever. My daughter had same thing, more mild, with just the spots. Might be something to ques the doc about if you don't come up with anything else. If she has a fever with the spots, take her in immediatly, or if spots appear in her eyes.

Try including fish oil into her diet either by mixing it into her food or drink. Also check to see is she is drinking enough water. Skin always does better when it is hydrated sufficiently and has proper nutrition with an organic fish oil added to the diet.

Dear T.,

Isn't HFM the worst? And now you have to deal with something else on to of that! I would call the doctor's office and ask them about the rash, there are some diseases that piggy back others, and you want to make sure that she doesn't have something else on top of the HFM. Keep your little darling comfortable, it is so hard!

Don't be shy about calling the doctor--this rash definitely needs to be seen, maybe by a dermatologist.

Does your daughter have allergies? Have you changed your laundry detergent, has your daughter eaten any new foods? My daughter has a rash on her belly, back, arms, also. If I give her benadryl it starts to go away. I have talked to my other friend and she said that her neighbors daughter had the same thing, it is from the changing weather and her seasonal allergies. Her rash does not itch and it does not bother her.

Just a couple of suggestions to try out!

Hello,
My son had Hand, Foot and Mouth disease when he was little and I don't remember it causeing any other rashes. It might just be dry skin. Try using some lotion on it and see if it helps, if not then I would ask the doctor. If you are giving her an antibiotic then she could be haveing a reaction to it, if not then it could be dry skin.

I would get ahold of the Doctor and check with him. My grandaughter has had this problem also since she was a year old off and on. First they said it was HF&M, but since she has gotten older when it pops up they say it is eczema.

T. - If you've ruled out allergic reaction to the amoxicilon it could be Pityriasis rosea. It starts with one "herald" patch (one single spot of rash)and usually appears crusty in nature. Then more will appear. My son had it when he was 4. It didn't seem to bother him at all. I too thought it might have been ringworm. Many people mistake it for that. If you try using an anti-fungal cream and it doesn't help, then it's probably Pityriasis rosea. It will go away on it's own. Good luck.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

diet patches patching rash skin