Rash on My Daughter

My daughter has a rash on her face and upper body. the dr. and dermatologist said it is some sort of viral infection. But, there is no meds for it and it just has to run its course. it has been 2 weeks already. just checking to see if anyone else has been through this? she is 5 yrs old.

It's very possibly a food allergy. Have you run food sensitivity tests on her? I know that Bryan Bradford @ Sunflower Shoppe in Colleyville, TX can help with that. Please let me know if you'd like more information. I wish you the best.

HI T.,

Digestive enzymes will clear up viral infections. Go to the health store (make sure it's a pharmaceutical grade health store, not a GNC, etc) and ask them for digestive enzymes specifically for viral infections. I have used Enzymetic Therapy's Virastop before and it actually kept my husband's (yes, grown husband's) out break of the chicken pox at bay. Don't know how old your daughter is but they should know exactly what she needs.

God bless,

k both my daughters have rashes on their faces and I have taken them to 3 doctors, one dermatologist and I have an appointment at the end of this month with another dermatologist for yet another opinion and this is what I have found out so far. They have given us about 6 different creams and nothing seems to take it away completely although some of them have helped for a while. The last doc said the same as yours that lots of little girls get this and it just has to run it's course and it will go way on it's own in time (mind you my older daughter has had this for about 6 months now!) my younger only about 2 months. But he also said that sometimes it's an irritation to the fluoride in their tooth past. He told me to switch to a training toothpaste for a week or so and see if that helps. So I'm giving it a try.

we are having the same problem. My 1yr daughter has a red purple kind of rash on her face that she has had for 4 months. 2 docs told me it was the cold weather??? hello it is spring now and she still has it, we have another appointment next week. What does your rash look like?

well I know of three different types that we have dealt with one is an irritation to laundry soap we now have to use all free and clear soap, 2. if she was running a fever at all and then broke out in a rash it could be roseola 3. heat rash these are just three that I know of

Did they call it "fifth disease"? My kids went through that and it took about 10 days for it to go away. I would call my doctor back and ask the nurse specific questions on what to expect. Your daughter may have developed something else on top of the virus. Good luck and God Bless.

Sorry a little late, but yes, my 2 year old had it at Christmas. The rash was there for almost 3 and a half weeks. Has your child also had any other symptoms, even a cough or fever recently. The virus that my son had was called Adnovirus. It affects every part of the body. he had alittle bit of an upset tummy for a few days and fever and a cough. It resembled the flu. They ran the test and it was the virus and one of the symptoms is that rash. I was sceptical too until the results came back and I got the paperwork on it. I hope this helps. Oh and the other symptoms can come before, after, or during the rash.

Burt's Bees hand repair cream will usually clear it up. It is very gentle. I put this on a baby's face just the other day and within 2 hours his face looked better and he had stopped crying. Meanwhile, watch her diet. Less sugar and artificial stuff, the healthier she eats the faster it will clear up. Depending on her age, you might visit an herb shop to ask for advice or try some garlic pills, oil of oregano internally, etc.

If you can't get to the bottom of it soon, you might check with a rheumatologist or other specialist. My daughter has juvenile arthritis (diagnosed at 2) and just diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. She also has food allergies and used to have lots of rashes, but thankfully none lately.

I have been doing a lot of reading/research about her various autoimmune illnesses and rashes are mentioned. Chances are unlikely your daughter has one of these illnesses without experiencing any other symptoms, but if you can't get to the bottom of it with a dermatologist, then you may want to consider talking with other doctors to rule stuff out.

1 / 3