Rash on Belly, No Other Symptoms, Go to Doctor?

Good morning mamas :) I was wondering about something. Yesterday my 3-year-old daughter came home from school with a speckly rash on her belly that wasn't there before. She has not been sick and has no other symptoms, she tells me she feels fine, and that the rash doesn't itch. So we went to bed, and here it is the next day, the rash is still there, no change, no other symptoms, and the rash doesn't bother her. I don't know whether to get it checked out or just wait another day. Any of you had the same experience? Thanks in advance for your advice. *peace*! :)

Thanks mamas! I am Googling child's rashes and pictures of rashes, trying to find a pic that looks like what she has. It's just a few raised pink speckles on her belly and they don't itch. But I just put some Hydrocortisone on the rash and I think I'll wait another day to see if anything changes. She has no fever and feels fine. Thanks again mamas for all your good advice! *peace*! :)

Try sprinkling a bit of corn starch on it. It sounds like it could be heat rash. I often get it in the summer, and a few days of using some corn starch usually makes it go away. Good Luck!!

My daughter had scarlet fever and her only sypmtom was a rash on her trunk. She never ran a temp or had any other symptoms. Luckily when we went to urgent care the physician ran a strep test "just in case." Thank goodness he did because it was positive.

take her to the doctor!

I wouldn't go to the doctor unless she develops more symptoms.

I think I would be seeing if she ate anything different that may have caused a reaction, or if you changed laundry detergent or dryer sheets or even if you put her in new clothes that had not been washed, sometimes new clothes have "sizing" on them that irritates the skin.The fact that it is not itchy and has not spread and she has no other symptoms would make me not terribly worried.

**(it could also be a prickly heat rash, which I did not think of before, that is usually a localized rash and goes away pretty fast usually in a few hours or at the worst case a few days)

My daughter developed a rash on her legs and trunk that didn't bother her and I wasn't too concerned (she had no fever and she felt fine, she even went to school), but I took her to the doctor anyhow at the suggestion of the school nurse. It turned out to be "petechial hemorrhages" and a sign of dangerously low platelets. If there aren't enough platelets in the blood, the body has a hard time forming blood clots, leading to excessive bleeding. If the platelets are low enough, death can occur from a simple bump to the head, leading to bleeding into the brain.

Petechiae aren't "raised" bumps, but if I were you, I'd take your daughter to the doctor.

did she get wet during the day?
No fever?
was it really hot and humid yesterday?

if it's "prickly" meaning very rough - it could be shingles...I don't know..I'm not a doctor...i would call the help line and see what they say to do.

if it has a shape to it - growing or anything like that- when it doubt - call.

try to google "child's stomach rashes" or something like that. Often you can find photos that may help you figure it out.

I would get it checked out. Happenned to my friend's kid. He had fifth disease...also had slapped red cheek look.

1 / 3