Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes

Let me preface this by saying that I really dislike (okay, hate!) cooking! I have a few tried and true meals that are staples in my home, but I'd like to add some more variety. I would really appreciate any dinner ideas that you have that are kid friendly (and husband friendly!) I would especially appreciate QUICK and EASY recipes! Thanks in advance for your help!

You ladies are AWESOME! I can't wait to try out the recipes and websites. I've been wanting to try using the crock pot, but I am a little apprehensive about leaving it on while I'm not home (I'm gone from 6:30am to 4:15pm every work day!) Thanks again for the wonderful meal suggestions!

I know you have already gotten a ton of suggestions, but since I hate to cook as well. I just had to tell you my favorite:
Boneless Pork Chops in the crock pot with 2 cans Cream of Mushroom. I then buy t he new packages of frozen cut potatos that you put in the Microwave after 10 min there ready to mash.... Pork Chops and Mash Potatos!!! so tender they fall right apart.

hi L.,
I am on the opposite page as you. I love to cook. Here are 2 very easy reipes that are great and kid frindly:
1) *briol buns or bread with any white cheese(provolone) 3 min
* 1 can of frnech onion soup, add 1/4-1/2 cup water
* up to 1 LB of good deli roast beef
* cook together in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.
*serve with slad and french fries (start ahead)
* for hoagie style saute onions and peppers w- mushrooms

2) * cook box of pasta, then drain and rinse, add peas about 1-2 cups), large can of chicken, and 1 can of cream of mushroom. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Yummy and easy.

Good luck.... always remeber how useful the crock pot is.

A tried and true recipe that is simple and both my husband and 4 year old love it:
Baked Ravioli
1 large carton of refridgerated cheese ravioli
1 jar of spaghetti sauce of your choice
1 cup of beef broth
1 can of petite diced tomatoes
1/4 cup of italian dressing
2 cups of motzerella cheese
combine all together, put in a greesed 9x13 pan, and add another cup of motzerella cheese to the top and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Enjoy

www.kraftfoods.com has TONS of good recipes and you can sort by ingredients, number of ingredients, prep time, etc. They are also rated by people who have tried them. I've made a lot of good meals from that site and I'm no gourmet!

Hi L.!
I am also a full-time teacher and mother of 2. Boy(5), and girl(2). Congrat's on the upcoming birth of your son! Our family's favorite easy dish is Lazy Day Lasagna. Noodles are substituted with crescent rolls and sour cream is included. (I also serve it when we have guests over because it's so good and makes them THINK I am an awesome cook!) Hope you like it as much as we do.
LAZY DAY LASAGNA
2 lbs. gound beef
1 envelope dry spaghetti mix
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tube crescent rolls
onion powder or 1/2 c. chopped onion
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1&1/2 cups shredded mozarella
(Optional ingredients that I never use are 2 tbsp. margarine and 1/3 c. parmesan cheese)

Brown ground beef with onion and drain fat.
Add dry sp. mix and tomato sauce. Hreat until bubbly. In a separate bowl, combine s.cream and moz. cheese. Put meat mixture in 7X11 glass or ceramic dish. Evenly drop s. cream/cheese mixture on top of that. Unroll crescent rolls and pat them on top next.
(optional part is to combine marg./parm.cheese and sprinkle it on top of rolls before baking)
Bake at 375 degrees for 15 min. (Or until desired browness of rolls.)
Enjoy! T.

I don't like to cook much either, in fact, my motto is that I'll only make it if it doesn't take longer to cook it than to eat it! lol The first thing that I do to help myself out during the week is to cook up all the meat ahead of time on the weekend...if I'm making chili or something that requires hamburger, I cook it up loose and freeze it according to what I'll need (thaws quick in the microwave if you leave it in the ziplock bag and open it slightly), boil chicken and freeze it, etc. Saves me tons of time later in the week!

Cheesy Chicken Rice

1 box 4 Cheese Rice-a-roni
1 boiled and torn up piece of boneless/skinless chicken breast
Shredded cheddar cheese

cook Rice-a-roni according to directions, toss in chicken when adding water and spices, finish cooking according to directions, top with cheese and serve. My kids love this!

I also make the Mexican Rice-a-roni but add hamburger (1 lb. per box) and add salsa, Fritos, and cheese...another fav of ours!! (and it's cheaper than Hamb. helper)

I also toss a pork roast in the crock pot for the day, then when I get home I drain the water, mush it up with a wooden spoon and add BBQ sauce...instant sandwich's! The boxed mashed potatos are really good now too, so that and whatever veggie you want would make a nice rounded meal.

I also like to make the Betty Crocker complete meals (in a box), they are quite good and super easy to make :) Our fav's are the chicken and veggies, chicken and mashed potatoes, and the beef stew with biscuits. Everything you need is included.

Another of my kids fav's is Ravioli cassarole. Buy frozen beef filled ravioli, boil according to directions (it doesn't take long at all), toss it in a 9x13 pan with a jar of spaghetti sauce, top with mozarella cheese and bake at 350 for half an hour...sometimes we add peeled and cut up zucchini with it too, just depends on the kids mood and how much effort I want to put into it! lol

I've got other recipies as well, if you or anyone else is interested, I'd be happy to pass them along :)

I don't know if you also have the same problem as me, I never have a plan ahead of time for what we will make each week! Here is what saved my sanity and lowered our grocery bill.... http://www.savingdinner.com/ . They ahve pre-planned weekly menus (6 dinner meals), with a compiled weekly grocery list attached, you can buy a 3,6, or 12 month subscription, and there are many different styles of menu to choose from -Frugal Menus-Save money, Heart Healthy Menus-Lower fat and sodium, Diabetic Menus-Watching your sugars, Weight Loss Menus-Drop the pounds, Vegetarian Menus-Delicious meat free menus, Menus for Allergies-eat well safely, Once A Month Cooking-Assemble dinner ahead, Crock Cooker Menus-start dinner each morning, Gluten Free Menus-easy delicious meals, Low Carb Menus-high protein low carb, Body Clutter-Dinner Diva's Diet, Original Regular Menu-family friendly meals . I've had a year's subscription to the Low Carb and the Body Clutter (weight loss), and three months to the Crock Cooker, and there are almost never repeated recipes in the whole years worth!!!

They e-mail you a link to the file each week,(or you can get a seasonal one - 12 weeks all at once) and you can save and print the PDF, then by the end of your subscription, you have a complete seasonal cookbook....she plans the menus with what is in-season for fresh fruits and veggies, too. Then once you get a years worth, you never have to buy more, you cna just put all your printouts in a binder and use them the next year and ever after!

Anyway, her recipes give you built in variety, and good nutrition, get you to try out new things, and most of the recipes take no longer than 30 minutes to prepare! Plus everything is planned out and pre-bought, so you aren't "missing" an ingredient and needing to run to the store at the last minute!

Jessie

cheese whiz casserole

mix in bowl : 1can cream of mushroom(or cream of chicken) soup.
1 jar of cheese whiz
i can corn beef(not the hash)
i can of milk(from the empty can of soup)

boil i bag of egg noodles

mix in with soup-cheese wiz mixture --add salt and pepper to taste

pour in casserole dish-- cover with foil-- bake 350 for 1/2 hour whalla!!!

Hi L., I too am expecting a baby boy in March. I also have a 5 year old daughter. About the cooking thing, there are soooo many recipes that are easy. If I don't have everything I need I usually improvise. Have you tried the crock pot? You put the stuff in, turn it on and depending on what it is it's done 4-8 hours later. It does take a while but, very hearty and easy. One of our favorites is scalloped potatoes. Spray the inside of the pot it can get stuck on and hard to clean. Add potatoes, ham, 1 can Cream of Mushroom and 1 can water and some cheese, whatever you have. And let it go about 6-8 hours on low. Sometimes I add onion, peas the onion can go in early the peas would go in later. Also you can do a nice chile, stew or roast in the crock pot just as easy. I hope that helps, A.

I tried this last night, so easy and very good.
Swedish Meatballs (Easy) Good for Potluck
Ingredients
• 1 (38 ounce) package frozen meatballs
• 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (you can mix and match the soups, like cream of celery, cream of chicken, golden mushroom soup, etc)
• 8 ounces sour cream
• 2 teaspoons soy sauce
Directions

1. Place all ingredients in a crock pot.
2. Cook on low for at least 5 hours.

1 / 3