Questions for Baby Shower Game/ Hostess Gifts

We are playing How well do you know the mom-to-be game, I'm having a hard time coming up with questions. I hate doing favorite questions, cause with most of them there can be more than one answer with a lot of them. Any suggestions??
Also any suggestions on hostess gifts? The shower's saturday and I have nothing... and NO ideas, I want something unique, my cousin and ex co-worker is throwing the shower... any suggestions are better than nothing

Hostess gifts-- I like to get something with their first initial on it like a cute mug or a bag or something. Sample House is great for those kinds of things!

Call Kim Bransford with Nana Puddins Embroidery. She does the cutest little canvas bags and personalizes them all for around 20.00, and they look adorable. She does so much more too. Her number is ###-###-####. Tell her J. sent you.

J. T.

Some of the questions that you can have guests answer about the mom to be are:
1. Have mom to be close her eyes and have them guess their color.
2. Where did she go to high school?
3. What is her middle name?
4. What is MTB's parents names?
5. What is her favorite color?
6. What's her favorite salad dressing, candy, dessert, etc..
7. What did she weigh when she was born?
8. What is her favorite item of clothing?
9. Does she have any birthmarks? If so, where?
10. Does she have any scars? If so, where?
11. Does she have any tattoos and/or piercings? If so, where?
12. What is her favorite animal?
13. Does she have any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names?
14. What is the name picked out for the baby to be?
15. What is the theme for the nursery?

Good gift ideas for a hostess are candles, potpurri, a picture frame and flowers in a really pretty vase are always nice,too.

Hope this helps. Have a fun shower!!

A game we played at a recent shower to help introduce everyone was: We went around in the circle each person said there name and an adjective that starts with the same letter of there first name. Each person would have to repeat all of the peoples' names before them and then give there name with there adjective! EXAMPLE~ Kim kind, Pam pleasant, Becky beautiful. It was funny and fun and you left knowing everyone name!

We also played the clothes pin game. Whoever has the most clothes pins wins. The object of the game is to not say baby, if you do your clothes pin gets taken! At the end of the shower you give a gift to the winner.

Have fun and enjoy the shower.

J. T.

i have been to alot of showers this last few years and some of the games they played were, get 5 diapers and 5 different candy bars smear the candy bars in the diapers and have them guess what flavors they are, its gross but very funny watching people guess at what was what and for the ones who got them all right they got a little gift bag that had something for the baby in it that went to the baby. next they had different types of baby food on a plate just enough to taste about 12 flavors so it would be hard for everyone to tell what was what they had to write down what they thought each flavor was the one who got them all right got a goody bag for the baby in the bags there was like a bottle or raddle or socks something cute. at one shower they had the mother of the father to be the mother of the mother to be and two other people that was not related and the father and the expetat mother to all sit up in front of everyone and gave them all a 4 oz bottle full of milk and they had to race to finish the bottle who ever finished first was the biggest baby of the group, they also got a goody bag for the baby. There is an computer program out there where you can take a face of two people and combined them on the computer to show you what the two people would look like, do this to and do about 5 of them and have the people guess who the two people are it has to be people that other people know or who are going to be at a shower, another game is have everyone bring a baby picture of them selves and put tape them to a wall and have people guess who the picture is. all these were fun games. You will get a kick out of them watching people faces as they make faces of what taste funny in the baby food game and the poop games when they go around smell and looking at the diapers to figure out what is what. Please dont use real poop it wont go over to well.candy bars dont stick...As the theme of the shower we took the comforter of the babys bed and hung it with clothes pin across the wall and used it for decoration as the theme of the party if the parents dont mind.save the ribbon that you get on gifts cause later on the mother can hae it made nto something for the baby, i cant recall what they made but it has something to do with luck when the child grow up and gets married it something you save for them after you have the ribbons made into something sorry i cant remember. Hope this helps. As far as the gift is concerned I gave a mug or a wine glass with the shower date and the birth date and the babys name and mom and dads name to the host and in the glass we put stuff in it to make her house smell good what every smell she liked but it was a way of saying thank you to her. we also had door prives everyone had to take a number and at the middle of the shower we drew for teh door prize that way everyone was involded it wasnt just show up and leave type deal. Hvae fun and God Bless.

A coworker's shower had each guest take a pretty sheet of stationery. Each guest wrote a letter to the child on their birthday (one wrote to the child on their first birthday, one on their second, one on their third birthday, up to however many guests there are) that the mother could give to the child on their birthday each year. I think that is such a neat tradition and how cool for the child to know that someone was thinking of when they turned 21 or 25 way back then?!

Try multiple choice questions! That makes "favorite" or "preference" questions much easier.

For hostess gifts I have no idea. I don't know your budget or what they like.

At my baby shower I gave a candle gift set as the hostess gifts.

You can ask questions about different things that have happened to you.

1. What is the name of the first boy I kissed?
2. What was my favorite/least favorite subject in high school?
3. What was my major in college?
4. What did my husband and I do on our first date?
5. What is the date of our anniversary?
6. Who was my elementary school/high school best friends?
7. What was the name of my favorite pet?

1 / 3