Question About When Breasts Will Stop Leaking After Having Baby?

Hi Mom's

I am 12 days post partum and am bottle feeding. My breasts are still very tender at times and leak often. I have been wearing supportive bra's and using ice but I can't seem to get them to dry up. They are not engorged but everytime I go near my daughter they become painful and leak. Any suggestions or tips?

I've also heard cabbage from other moms. Someone also suggested Sudafed. Any antihistamine will dry up milk supply. I'm not one to take medication when it is not "necessary" but other mothers have told me that Sudafed will work.

hello, i have to agree with all other poster, cabbage leaves work like a charm, i thought my mom was crazy when she did it for me but it worked,but we used frozen leaves and wrapped me up so tight, i wore a size to small sports bra,the stomach thing they use at the hospital to keep the monitors in place and then she took a towel and tied it with a robe belt and i dried up in 2days....good luck i feel your pain....

Cabbage leaves will do the trick. I used cabbage leaves after my kids were born and I put the leaves in my bra and after a few days, I was all dried up! Change leaves frequently, after they shrivle up. Keep cabbage in the fridge!
Hope this helps!

S., mom inventor
http://www.LovePrints.net

I'm assuming that when you say you are bottle feeding that means your baby is getting formula, and not pumped breastmilk. If that is the case and you don't need your breastmilk, you can always place clean cabbage leaves on your breasts. Once it's kind of wilted, change leaves. For some reason, it will lessen your milk supply and help you against leakage. The duration of leakage kind of depends on the person. Some people never leak while others are like a fountain.

Y.

This is going to sound insane, but put cold cabbage leaves in your bra and your breasts will dry up quicker. Seriously. I know it sounds goofy and you'll feel like a salad, but it works although I have no idea why. =) Good luck.

I didn't do this myself because I breast fed, but my cousing swears is works. Put cabbage leaves inside your bra, and in about three days your milk will dry up. Weird, huh?

Cabbage leaves worked great for me. Avoid hot showers. Cold compresses help too.

I know this may sound funny but it really worked for my friend. Try putting cabbage leaves on your breast when they become sore and are leaking. It is apparently very soothing and was recommended to her. I'm not sure why it helps but it does.

1 / 3