Question About Underarm Odor from 3 Year Old

I am Mom to an adopted beautiful girl who turned 3 in June. She has Cerebral Palsy, but only takes prevacid for reflux and Trileptal for seizures and Clonazempam for spasticity. In the past couple weeks, I have noticed body odor from her underarms, just like an adult. We just did blood work this past week at her Ped and all of it came back normal. Does anyone out there have this with their young children or have heard of this?

Thank you all for advice on BO. I did speak with another Dr. yesterday and she did mention the precocious puberty and told me if it gets worse and if I notice other things, she should see an Endocrinologist. On my way to get natural deodorant.

I have a friend with a five-year old. She noticed that her daughter had BO recently, and, what's more, she was also growing under-arm hair. When she had it checked out she found that her daughter has a condition called precocious puberty. Don't know much beyond that, but you might want to look into it.

Probably normal. Just like my child. We use Tom's natural deodorant sometimes, it's just that bad. Baby powder on her back helps minimize odor, too. Some people just have active sweat glands. You can always check her diet to see if that's contributing. Things with garlic or onions in sauces might be coming out through her pores.

T.,

I've seen others asking your same question and they suggested changing the bath soap your child uses. Instead of the children's body wash, try an adult soap. Now I know there are some soaps that children are sensitive to and you may need to watch out for that, but try that. I use the dial antibacterial adult body wash on my 3 year old son and he loves it. I was also noticing the smell on my 5 year old and I switched her to the suave body wash. She's fine now. Hope this helps.

Sometimes, that happens. Just find a natural deodorant, I use Body Satin, to use and apply it to her just you do every day.

I have a 3 year old and unfortunately she inherited my allergies and overactive sweat glands. She had the same problem. I use a natural deodorant made from www.lavanila.com. I use the lavender scent on both of us and it smells great. Your daughter doesn't need too much a couple swabs and it should do the trick.

1 / 3