Question About Daycare Costs

Good morning Moms!
My husband and I are trying to plan a budget and want to know what parents pay for (daycare, private daycare and nannies) for infants, in the Plano area? I would really appreciate your input. Thanks so much!

I've also been researching daycare in Plano for my infant daughter. Most daycare centers are on average between $215-220 per week. If you look into home day care programs (you can obtain a list from the state)the average cost is between $170-190 per week. Good Luck!

dallas nanny - part-time 3 days a week - we pay $9, which i consider a great bargain - most friends pay about $12 for a in home nanny.

good luck!

Hi T.,

Our son went was in a in home day care (Melissa Holland) in Allen. We paid $160.00 per week. We provided the diapers/food/wipes.

We have sinced moved to Tampa FL and the prices here are considerably higher ($235.00) per week. We wish we still had Melissa.

Hi!
My 8-month old son goes to Willow Bend Learning Center in Plano. We are currently paying $185/week. Once he turns one, we will transfer him to Primrose School, because it's closer to our house. It will then be around $200/week. Daycare rates go down a lot once your child becomes a toddler.

Hello! We just enrolled our 6 month old and she is 198/week at The Children's Courtyard. I know we get a 10 or 20% discount because my husband works for J C Penney's. Good luck and if you need anything else, let me know!

Have a great day!

Hi T.,
I have an in-home day care if you are interested. i am a mother of a 21mo little girl and I take care of two little boys that atre 12mo and 11mo. Give me a call if you would like more info. ###-###-####
Thanks,

For infant care, I would not send my child to a daycare facility that cost less than $200/week. You really do get what you pay for when it comes to daycare. Look into the Primrose Schools franchise. We had a very good experience with them. www.primroseschools.com

Hi T.,

I'm in NW Plano and offer child care in my home. I'm a former Plano ISD teacher. I don't run a daycare so my rates might be different than those who do. I only work with a few families and I mainly watch one or two children.
To give you an idea for infants I ask parents to provide diapers plus supplies and milk/formula, bottles etc.
My rates are based on hours per week needed.
For example. for 25 hours I charge 5.75/hr which is 143.75 a week.
For more hours the rate an hour goes down for less hours the rate an hour goes up.
Hope that helps!
Karina

1 / 3