Question About Childbirth

I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on Newton Wellesley Hospital and The Womens Helaht Associate's. I delivered my first son at MGH and was overall happy there, however, had a long induction, an epidural that took 24 to wear off ( couldn't walk at all for 24 hours) and not much postpartem support. I am thinking that because of the side effects of my epidural that a natural childbirth is what we are preparing for. I was wondering if anyone has used Womens Health Associate at Newton Wellsley Hospital and what your experience was with them. Did the Midwives really stay with you and support you through the labor? Was the nursing care there ok? Did the midwives really support you and your birthplan? Would anyone recommend anywhere else. I really want a hospital setting with a midwife that support natural childbirth! Thanks so much, I feel like this is such a huge decision!

I went to St. Joe's in Nashua and loved it. I used Full Circle Mid-wiferey and had a natural childbirth. The staff had great follow-up care at the hospital. You should go for a tour and see if you like it yourself. The mid-wife stayed with me the whole time and they were sure to make sure all my needs were met.

-Deb

D.,

We had our daughter at Brigham's at it was great. I, too was planning on a natural birth but unfortunately the baby got caught in the ambitical cord and the growth was way off and they figured this out at 35 weeks and I had to have an emergency C-Section. However even with this the nurses at the hospital were great. Breastfeeding went well with their help. I had a concern and told my nurse and she immidiately went and got the lactation consultant. I also went to a breastfeeding class there.

I would also recommend getting in touch with and even going to a La Leche League meeting before you have your baby. These women have been a huge help to me since my daughter was born. They have even told women to bring their numbers with them to the hospital so they can call if they have any concerns. www.llli.org These ladies are real advicates for breastfeeding. You will definately get any help you need, along with just being there and supporting the new mom.

L. M

Hi D.,
I delivered at Newton Wellesley Hospital and I live in Windham Nh. I am not sure if it was Women's Health Associates of not though. I was extremely pleased and happy with my care there and will be delivering there for my second child due in April.
Thanks,

I actually know one of the midwives in that practice and she is wonderful (Valaree Hemighaus). If you want another option to weight, consider the Cambridge Health Alliance midwifery practice. There is the option for a birth center or hospital birth and the midwives there are also really committed to the midwifery model of care. Best of Luck!

I don't know much about the midwives at Newton Wellsley, but if you are looking for a natural birth, I very very highly recommend finding a doula to support you at the birth and before in addition to your midwife. We provide physical, emotional, and informational support before, during, and immediately after your labor and birth, often including at home support before you go to the hospital. I am personally not accepting any clients right now because I'm pregnant myself and also due in February, but if you want I could help you to connect with someone. I also recommend you find a really good childbirth class. My personal favorite is Birthing from Within which I teach, but there are many many good ones out there.

1 / 3