Purple/blue Feet in 1 Year Old

my daughter has had this for quite a while however it seems to be getting more frequent and last longer.... here feet arnt that cold, she doesnt have anything tight on her legs or feet. im scared! I have brought this up with her doctor and she just brushed it off, but im her momma and im just not ready to let it go without knowing whats causing this. has anyone else gone through this... did your doctor listen to you? is their anything i should ask about?? i cant find anything online which is really freaking me out. b/c EVERYTHING is online lol

I would get a 2nd opinion if the doctor is brushing you off. This is what I found. http://www.webmd.com/parenting/blue-skin-in-babies

If she's fair-skinned, you're probably just seeing the blood circulate through her skin. My kids always had really red feet, and I do, too. If you press against her foot and it turns white, and then turns red or the same color as the surrounding tissue in just a minute, her circulation is probably pretty good. If blood were pooling in her feet instead of returning to her heart, her feet would probably swell some. But if you're really worried and your doctor brushes you off, maybe you're either a constant worrier who is always going to the doctor with problems, or maybe the doctor isn't good with new moms. So if you're really worried, I'd take her to another pediatrician (in a different practice) for a second opinion and to see if you like his or her bedside manor better. Some doctors just aren't a good fit, and your pediatrician should make you feel more comfortable about your ability to take care of your children, not brush you off. If, on the other hand, you're in there once a week with the disease of the month, it's time for you to check with your own doctor to learn to control your anxiety before you teach your children to live the same way. Either way, I'd go for the second opinion just to set your mind at ease.

I would get a second opinion, Does she ever have any trouble breathing, shortness of breath, grunting alot. Sometimes if there hands and feet are blue/purple, she may not be getting enough oxygen. I had a friend whom her baby (At birth) had some heart trouble, she is fine now but she did the same thing lips, hand and feet blue. Who is your pediatrician if you don't mind me asking. I work for a pediatrician, I am a nurse so I may can help you find a great Doctor. Please let me know and keep me updateted. Jennifer

it sounds like a problem with circulation. you need to drop your doctor and find one that will listen to you. i might even entertain the idea of taking her to the emergency room next itme it happens.

Hey E.,

I agree that it sounds like circulation issues but you need to start with a podiatrist (foot doctor) and he will direct you to a vascular doctor if he/she feels necessary. They will most likely listen to her pulses in her feet and ask you questions about your daughters medical history. I am pretty sure that an endocinologist specializes in the endocrine system (glands and hormones) and if I am not mistaken, a cardiologist specializes in heart and lungs. A vascular doctor specializes in blood vessels which are part of the circulation sytems. Now days, doctors are specialized and that may be why you aren't getting the answer from your pediatrician. He doesn't specialize in that area. I work in a podiatrist office and we specialize only in feet and ankle. I hope this helps!

I think I would get a second opinion! I think your daughter may have a circulation problem. It wouldn't hurt to do an EKG. I would take her to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.

Hi E.,
Don't let your daughter's pediatrician brush you off. You are the momma and you know when there is something not right with your child. There has to be an explanation for why your daughter's feet are blue. It sounds like it could be something with circulation. I think you should seek a second opinion!!! Good luck.

It sounds like she has circulation problems and I would go to a pediatric doctor. This is something to be concerned about. So if you feel and know there is something not right then honey go w/ your gut feeling. B/c the worst feeling is to know something isn't right and you wait to late and then to find out it is something serious. Then you will feel bad for not doing something about it when you felt something was wrong.
Good luck w/ whatever decision you make--Jessie

Dear E.,

I can't help but feel that you might want to take your child to a pediatric cardiologist, because I wonder if her circulation is adequate to get blood to her feet. My younger son who just turned 13 yesterday had some intermittant chest pains and some irregular heart beats. He's an athelete, so I decided not to just lay awake at night and worry. I took him to a pediatric cardiologist, had a 24 hour Holter report done, and an echocardiogram. He has a functional murmer, which is non-threatening and will eventually disappear when he gets larger, and the irregular heart beat is the kind that is okay. The pain evidently has to do with growing. Do I mind the trouble I took to find this out, or the money I spent on my part of the payment after insurance? No. It's money worth spent because I don't have to worry about him anymore. Maybe this would be a good thing for you to do to. Let us know what happens, E..
All my best,
t

1 / 3