Protecting Leather Seats / Carseat Safety

We just purchased a new mini-van that has leather seats. What can I use to protect the leather seats, without compromising the children's safety? I have heard from others that a towel is not enough on leather seats.

Thank you!

What about the little carpet squares that classrooms use. Those may be thick enough. I have never tried this but just an idea. I know you can buy them at Lowes.

For what it is worth, we have a Tahoe with leather seats and I just double over a towel under the carseat. It has worked just fine for us but if you want to invest in a protector... Walmart sells one in the baby section.

They have at Target in the baby section some leather gripping carseat protectors about $15.

I had a thing I got from Babies R Us specifically for protecting yor seats. I don't remember the brand or the exact name, but it worked well. It was thick rubber I believe and not very noticable underneath the seat. Try there or do an online search.

Hi
I agree with the previous post about not using these. Any of the car seat installers will tell you not to use these.
I have a 10 yr old Volvo with leather seats. I have used car seats directly on the leather for the last 2.5 years. Yes, the car seat does make an indentation in the leather, but that will disappear after you remove the car seat. I have not had any damage to the leather. I'm not sure what you need to protect the leather against. I think leather is more durable than cloth as far as spills/ stains.

I also have a seat protector as well, think I got it at Target. They are a rubbery type texture and they really help prevent the car seat edges from digging into the leather.

There is a protector that you can purchase at Toys R Us or Babies R Us that goes under the carseat and even has pockets for storage! It's about $15, and we have used it for months in my husbands 740iL BMW. Hubby is very happy with the results it provides in protecting his leather seats. He also conditions them with leather "lotion" to keep them from cracking.

I use one of those seat protectors you buy at Traget or Walmart. They are like 20 bucks but worth it. It keeps the seat from wearing on the leather and keeps it clean.

1 / 3