Problems with Walking Early?

I have been told by a couple different people, that it's not necessarily good for a baby to start walking early. My son is 7 1/2 months and starting to pull himself to a standing position so I'm sure walking is just around the corner. He has been crawling for about 2 months now.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks everyone for all the input. I was more curious than anything. My oldest didn't even try to walk independently until 15 months. As quick as this one does everything, I have a feeling he's going to be running soon. THANKS again!!!

It doesn't matter when a baby walks...its basically more on them if they are ready the will walk....my daughter was walking by 10 1/2 months...well she also rolled over very early it was like 3 or 4 months. so don't worry at all he'll do it on his own...he may table walk for a while...or he just may jump into walking all kids are different.

I have never heard of it being a problem for a baby to development "early". A lot of the babies, including myself, in my family walked at 9 months. None of us grew up to have any physical problems. Plus, how can you really stop him? I say good for him and not so good for you. LOL Once they start moving, it's all over!

Babies walk when they are ready. Don't worry about it. My husband and I were both early walkers - 8 & 9 months. My daughter pulled up the same day that she first crawled - 6 months. Some kids just develop motor skills early. If you let them set the pace, they'll be fine. My daughter didn't actually end up walking until she was almost 11 months though - gave us a little more time before she was everywhere. I know she could have, but she's a perfectionist and wouldn't try until she was confident that she could do it. She would stand up in the middle of the room without holding on, play with a toy and then sit down controlled to crawl somewhere else to stand up someplace else. Either way it's fine - earlier or later. They just grow at their own pace.

God bless you...I dont want to say it is bad, but the babies dont have alot of time to strenghten there bodies, legs to with stand and hold there weight up. I know ALOT of children who walked full blown at like 9 and 10 months. However my daughter is 14 months , and not walking......She even didnt crawl till 10 months

my son pulled himself up very early too and was cruising around the furniture around 8 months as well. i wouldn't base that a baby will walk soon on that though, it will certainly strengthen muscles! your son may do that for a few months & if not, if he begins to take off good luck! i don't think it is a bad thing for him physically, it just means perhaps you'll have to baby- proof (again) a little earlier!

My older son was walking full time by the time he was nine months, there were never any problems other than keeping up with him. Just remember that, even though he's mobile, his judgement of situations (esp. danger) probably isn't as developed as a child who doesn't walk until 12 months. good luck.

Hi T., Well, I am one of those Moms with a baby that started walking at 9mos. I am not sure what the problems might be, except for you having to follow them around more (: We didn't have any problems. He was just ready to walk. Walking is one of those milestones that varies greatly from child to child; so don't compare. If your child is developing normally then he is just ready to get up and moving! Good luck and God bless your little guy.
A.

I haven't personally heard anything about it not being good for babies to walk too early, but I do know from experience with both of my children that just because he is pulling himself up and may start walking around the furniture does not necessarily mean he'll start walking right away. both of my kids walked around the furniture for a few months before they actually started walking. My children started doing that around 7 1/2 - 8 months, then they started crawling around 9-10 months then started walking around 1. If you're worried about it I would definitely talk to your pedatrician. Good luck!

1 / 3