Problems with the Bus Driver

My son is the am preschool. He rides the bus in the morning with all of the other kids. I absolutely love the morning driver. However, the afternoon driver is another story. He has forgotten to drop my son off 5 times. He just breazes past the house as if we didn't exist. I have to be outside for him to let Alex off the bus so it's not like I wasn't out there. I have asked the teachers if any other parent has complained and they were surprised to hear that he was doing this. Alex's teacher told the driver about the issue and we thought that it was taken care of. However, today it happened again. My babysitter said that this driver was her driver all through school and he forgot them all the time. I don't want to get him in trouble but something has to change. Alex has another year of preschool and then Chloe will have two years. I have joked about posting a bus stop sign at the end of my driveway. I would just like to know if anyone has had this problem and how they dealt with it. I would also like to know if anyone knows how the bus garage deals with drivers like this.

I sent a letter to the school asking permission to send a letter home to the other parents to see if my son was the only one. I received a call for the Principal saying that she spoke to this driver and he admitted forgetting him around 5 times. The Principal explained to me what he said and we discussed his duty to remember his passengers. He is going to make a note to himself to remember Alex and put it in plain view for him to see on a daily basis. I hope that this solves the problem. I thank everyone for their advice. I would like to say that the main reason for not wanting this man in trouble is that he is a very nice man and he will be driving my children for the next 4 years. I only wanted to correct the problem and give him a chance to rectify the situation before going to his superiors.

A., If nothing gets done, I would call an investigative reporter or something. Not to scare you, but that sounds nuts like there is something wrong with the guy. N. L.

Call the school everyday it happens! They need to do something about it, this has happened to many times. Be persistent.

I'm sorry my kids have never riden the bus so I can't really help you. However, I would like to say that I find it unacceptable that this would happen more than 2 times. I would be VERY unhappy and would not be worrying about getting the driver in trouble.

I wish you luck!
Blessings.

Sounds like Bob-our bus driver! Unfortunately, the school assumes no responsibility for the drivers. You need to call & complain to the transportation department supervisor. (School should readily have this phone number available for you.) If I were you, I would also document each incident, just in case. What scares me the most when these bus drivers just blow on by, is the thought of a child in their path. I have complained repeatedly about similar incidents, & do not personally think they do anything other than let the driver know there was a complaint. Good luck!

Someone that absent-minded should not be driving a school bus. Not only would I be upset that he misses your house.. I would be worried that he will miss a stop sign next! I wouldn't let up until the problem was solved.

you have to call the school i know you don't want to get him in trouble but really this is your son's wellbeing you are talking about, if he can't even make the stops then how can you trust him to drive with your son? this whole thing just screams bad situation, call the school if you are like most parents you are forking over good money for your son to attend this place the least they can do is return him home in the proper manner. good luck

don't worry about getting the bus driver in trouble. your issue is with your child. if he is forgetting to drop off your son, you HAVE to say something to his/her supervisor.

OMG, that sounds like my sister's old driver. He called her Stephan despite the corrections and her outfit (her name is Stephanie and I guess the roster didn't allow her entire name to be printed), took her to the wrong school several times. Keep in mind for the first week of school she was dressed in pink, purple, etc. with hair in pigtails with ribbons. Her name, address, phone number, and school name was engraved on a rather large locket, put on a "hello my name is sticker" on her front as well as on her bookbag. And he drove the bus for special needs kids. Until my mom (and several others) made enough complaints.

Don't feel bad about getting him in trouble. He is getting himself into it. Your kids' safety is more important than hurt feelings.

I don't have children in school yet, but I wouldn't let this happen again. At this point, who cares about getting the driver in trouble? This is your child and his safety we're talking about. It makes me concerned about other aspects of this driver's job. Please speak to whoever runs the school. They have to know this is happening!

Katheyrn

If you haven't already I would definately call whoever is in charge of busing ASAP. There is no excuse for a driver to forget to drop off a child 5 times- that's ridiculous! Accidents happen or substitute drivers are sometimes needed who may make a mistake but geesh.. a regular bus driver on his/her typical route should not make so many errors. Call everyone in charge until something is done about this driver, IMO.

1 / 3