Price of Strawberries - Good or Bad?

Strawberries are $1.88 a pound right now and I am wondering if this is about as low as they will get or if they should get a bit lower before the prices go back up. I am wanting to can some strawberries and I want to wait until they are about as low as they will get for the year but not wait so long that they start climbing in prices again.

Whole Foods has organic ones on sale tomorrow only for $1.99. That's usually what I pay for conventional ones.

If you have a Sprouts near you, they are on sale for $1.25 right now. Other then that, $1.88 is probably the lowest you will find.

P.S.
That $1.25 a container, not per pound.

I think here in MN the best sale I've ever found was at WalMart, for 2 dollars for a 2 lb box.

I WISH our prices were anything like yours!!! Ours are 7.00 a pound right now!

$2 is as cheap as we ever see them.

I bought 5 pounds last week for $4.99, then $2.99 for the 5 lbs.

I think you're shopping at the wrong store.

Good luck to you and yours.

P.S.
That $1.25 a container, not per pound.

$1.88/lb is good if you are in NH.

That sounds pretty low

1 / 3