Present for 2 Year Old Nephew

Updated on December 13, 2010
S.H. asks from Harvest, AL

I'm hunting for another Christmas gift idea for my 2 year old nephew. I've already gotten him a gift card for Build a Bear Workshop.

I tried looking at Toys R Us site under their 2 years & boys categories, but they didn't seem to have a whole lot, and a lot of it was out of stock for shipping.

So then I tried Amazon. Their age range is "2 - 4 years" and it's a LOT of stuff! (27,000+ actually LOL) And since it includes up to 4 years it's filled with stuff that wouldn't be good for him.

What are some popular 2 year old boy toys this year? Just nothing that resembles a dinosaur though, he's got those already!! lol

Thanks for any ideas! I have an almost 5 year old daughter, so our world of toys is a little different :)

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Wichita on

we got my nephew a cool mega blocks pirate ship. He can pull it, and it makes neat pirate noises when you push on the monkey, like it plays a song, or makes wave sounds, or sounds like a cannonball is hitting the water. I kind of want it for myself, it was so cool! It was about 25 dollars, I think.

answers from Seattle on

My boys always loved (and still love) the Melissa and Doug stuff. They make lots of wooden puzzles that are great for 2 year olds. Thomas the Tank Engine is often popular with this age group, so is Elmo. Books are great gifts.

answers from Birmingham on

Pillow Pets are one of the hot items this year. They run $15-$20 dollars depending on where you get them. Any of the age appropriate Leap Frog learning toys would be a good idea too. Good luck and God bless!

answers from New York on

Mega blocks
Some type of ride on toy

Next question: Christmas Ideas