Preschool Snacks

I have to make GREEN snacks for my daughter's preschool. They have to be healthy....but GREEN. Any creative suggestions? THANKS!!

My daughter's preschool class had green eggs for snacktime after reading "Green Eggs and Ham". Her whole class loved them. Does green jello count as healthy? my daughter loves fresh, raw peas/snowpeas.

If for St. Patrick's Day, you could do sandwiches w/cream cheese that's dyed green and cut in shamrock shape. Green food coloring in some milk green for the drink. Or use green food coloring in some muffins. Don't forget about green grapes and granny smith apples.

Celery, of course, with peanut butter (if there aren't any allergies). You could also get white chocolate bark, melt it and dye it green, and dip pretzels in th green chocolate. That is kind of healthy.

Green Jello....Celery, broccoli, make anything that is healthy and add green food coloring...
Cin

Completely green? If not, I'd say celery with peanut butter down the middle. Or, cheez whiz is fun, too, and could probably be dyed green. Adults might cast a questioning eye, but not the kiddos.

M., have you ever tried those green flour tortillas?I think they are made with spinach, but they are really good. Spread a little ranch, put meat, cheese, and grate some cucumbers on them. Roll them up and cut them into pin-wheels. Use toothpicks to pick them up. Who knows, maybe the kids will like them!

The green tortillas sound good. I was thinking, if you don't have any kids in the class with allergies, ants on a log. Celery sticks, peanut butter, and raisins. An allergy website suggested useing yogurt instead of peanut butter. I'm not sure, I haven't tried that. Sounds like it should be fun.

Okay...these are not the healthiest, but they are so fun! Green popcorn balls! I love making holiday colored popcorn balls for all my children's parties and they are always soooo popular and loved (or I wouldn't bother). You can pop microwave popcorn. In a pot, stir together one cup of light kairo syrup, one cup of sugar and a small package of jello (you choose the color/flavor). Stir constantly on medium heat until pretty clear then pour over the popcorn (put the popcorn in a wide, shallow pan...it's easier to get on all the popcorn that way). Use non-stick spray on your hands to form the popcorn into balls...that way it won't stick all over your hands. I've also found it's best to rinse and reapply the spray after each ball...a pain, but it works so well!

Green Marshmallow Crispy Treats

cooking spray
1 T trans-fat-free margarine
1 (10oz) package marshmallows
6c crisp brown rice cereal
1/4 c flaxseed meal
Green food coloring

1. Coat an 8x8inch baking pan with cooking spray.

2. Put a few drops of food coloring in the cereal and toss/stir until they turn green

3. Melt the margarine in a large pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove the pan from the heat. you could add more food coloring here as well.

4. Add the rice cereal and flaxseed, and stir until the rice is well coated with marshmallows/ Press the mixture into the baking dish and let cool before cutting

1 / 3