Preschool Snack

My daughter has snack for her preschool class on Monday. It is show and share for the letter D that day, so I was wondering if any of you have ideas for a snack that starts with the letter D. They prefer that it be healthy to semi healthy, so Doritos are out. It also has to be prepackaged - no homemade items. I'd appreciate any ideas you have!!

You could get things shaped like a diamond or buy a cookie cutter in the shape of the letter D and cut out small sandwiches or maybe cheese.

Worms in dirt
vanilla yogurt with granola on top with a gummi worm inside. Not the typical worms in dirt, but healthy and fun.
Danish
Dates
Danimals yogurt
Dill pickles

I'm sure they're are a ton of ovbious things I'm missing! I would head to the grocery store (maybe a whole foods type store) and look for inspiration there. Good luck.

Dog Bones!!!!! lol

There is a graham cracker that is shaped like Dog Bones (Scooby Doo Snacks, I think). My kids think it is hilarious! Then, you can get some yogurt or cream cheese dips for dipping.

"Delicious Dippers" - Golden Delicious apples with some kind of dip - peanut butter and/or carmel. Can you bring in fresh fruit? If it must be prepackaged, I think you can find pre-sliced apples in sealed bags.

The first thing I thought of was dates. They are so delicious!

I also thought of dill pickles.

I can't wait to see some other suggestions.

I am a preschool aide and it is so much fun when parents bring in treats representing the letter of the week. The letter D was our letter last week.
The snack Mom brought in Danone yogurt, donuts, and Scooby Doo snack crackers.
We also had the color of the week and she brought in juice in that color.
Have fun in preschool!

I thought of donuts...not healthy though.. i know. Is there any animal crackers or something with Dora/Diego on it? That letter is a hard one :( I will come back if i think of something.

something with dates...we used to get date and nut squares individually wrapped. not sure if you are dealing with nut free school. good luck!

1 / 3