Preschool in Wichita, KS Area

My co-worker is looking for a preschool in either the NE or Riverside area of Wichita, Bel Aire or Park City areas. Her son is turning four in July and can't seem to find anything yet. She'd prefer if the classes start in the morning but not required.

Hi!
My 4 yr-old twins attend the best preschool in Wichita. It is the preschool at the first united methodist church downtown. The church is located on Broadway (it runs up Broadway on 1st, 2nd and 3rd street). It is just wonderful! It was the first and still one of the only nationally accredited schools, it' cheap, and all of the teachers are certified teachers with many years of experience. The teacher for the 4 year olds is named Mrs. Post. She will teach your child to read, and will totally prepare him for all of the kindergarten entrance exams. This school takes field trips, does lessons in science, reading, math, and social skills. They have special programs almost every month, special programs for Mother's day, father's day and christmas. Yes, it is a church run preschool, and that can put off some, but while religion is introduced to the children, it is more of the we help each other and take care of each other variety. The kids all help other children who are less fortunate, the donate to the food bank, take up collections for coats and mittens, etc. I can't believe how much my girls love this school and how much they have learned. They are already enrolled for next year. You can go MWF, T-TH, or all 5 days. My girls went 2 days last year and will go three days next year. The director's name is Brianna Voght. She is wonderful. Parents are encouraged and welcome to tour and to participate or be involved in anyway they want. Give them a try, you'll be glad.

Resurrection Catholic School in Bel Aire has one for 4 yr olds on MWF mornings. The Castle Childcare Center also has preschool for kids who don't attend the daycare (on 37th between Rock and Woodlawn). Those are a couple to start with - hope it helps!

Is she looking for all day preschool? If not, I work at Eastminster Presbyterian Church on Webb Rd. They have a great Preschool program that I'll be putting my 3 yr. old daughter threw this fall. I believe they start around 9am and are done at 11. It's either a 2, 3, or 5 day a week program, depending on the age and level of the child. We also have a great Kids Day Out program that is once a week that she might want to look into if the days for preschool work out. I love all of the teachers at the preschool and am so excited to be sending my daughter in the fall. I work the KDO program and love it! Just tell her to call the church and ask for the preschool program and she can speak to either Dana Miller or Cheryl Hennigh. Let me know if you need any other information.

Grace Presbyterian Church just east of Douglas & Oliver has a great preschool, Jacob's Learning Ladder. We sent our daughter there. They have morning & afternoon classes and 2, 3 or 5 day per week options. They also have full daycare services if she needs that as well.

Also, Blessed Sacrament Church on Douglas between Hillside & Oliver has a great preschool for 3 & 4 year olds. We're sending our son there. The 4 year olds are in the morning or afternoon 3 days per week, but I think the morning session for this fall is full and has a waiting list. As far as I know, there are still spots in the afternoon class.

There's also another church in the college hill area that has a preschool, but I don't know much about it as we've never sent a child there. I can't remember the name of the church, but it's on the south side of Douglas, just west of Oliver.

Feel free to have your friend contact me through Mamasource if she has any questions.

She might check into the one at Valley Center...I think it's the First United Methodist Church. My youngest went there and did a lot of my friends' kids, and even some of our daycare kids when a friend of mine and myself had in home day cares. The same teachers have been there for years and it's an awesome place. Good luck.

V.
###-###-####
www.vickimartinez.myarbonne.com
Pure~Safe~Beneficial
Health & Wellness
For the Entire Family!

My son goes to Holy Cross Lutheran on Central and Webb. I know it’s not that close to where she lives but they are offering half price tuition, so she would only have to pay about $65 -$70 per month. I'm not sure what hours are available but I just wanted to let you know about it.

1 / 3