Preschool Budget

Hello Ladies,
This may be a dumn question, but Im a first time mom and first time at almost everything. Im just wondering if there's such a thing as free preschool? From what I understand, you have to pay preschool but not elementary school (unless is a private school).

Any help will be appreciate it ;)

Thank you

There is free preschool if you are low income, like the Headstart program, Some preschools offer financial aid but those schools are usually expensive but may be worth looking into
good luck

I do know that Kidango offers financial assistance if you qualify. my son goes to Kidango Cabello, and we love his teachers Miss Dolly and Teacher Dodji. kidango is on the web.

good luck

I agree that it can't hurt to call your local school system, Department of Education and see what they say.

Usually, however, preschools are not free. Public schools are, but you may have to pay for textbook rental. Private schools receive NO funding from the state, and you pay tuition to attend.

You may want to check to see if there are Charter Schools in your area. They're gaining in popularity and often focus on a specific emphasis offering kids from less well-off backgrounds to have better educational opportunities (if that's a concern).

Depending upon your socio-economic background you may qualify for free- preschool through your public school district. Or if your child has speech delays he/she could qualify for free public speech preschool through your local public school. Call your local public school and ask them your questions, they should be helpful.

We do here, if you qualify financially. It's called HeadStart.

I would check in your area. Here in Orange County we have state preschool that is half day preschool and is free provided/paid for by the state. In order to enroll you have to put your name on the Centralized Eligibility List and then the local agencies contact you. Every county has a CEL, so I would see about adding your name if that is what you are interested in. Preschool depending on the area can be quite pricey, especially with any of the Kindercares or Tutor Times. You may be able to find smaller preschools, through your school district or private,which are more reasonable.

M., Free is all relative even when it comes to elementary school becasue today one gets to buy all the supplies that used to come free-- or it would not be worth the teachers working for them to do it. Can you tell that my husband was a teacher?
As for the Pre-School question, we had 2 of ours in a CO-OP that we did not pay for but I guess it depends on how it is funded. You might check with your school district, also if Head Start (may have a new name) has room after all the oter children are placed in the program we were ablr to have 1 go to that. You might also see if there is a charter school or a parents group that share the responsibilities. We had one for a year where each day 1 parent was in charge of the day. We had a theme for the day and all learning went arounf that theme. Example Lady bugs: gardening, learn about the earth, find out where laddybugs come from etc. Each mom took her turn for 4 hours and it was only 5 children so worked out fine. 1 mom was really into music so the kids loved her day!

Both my daughter's went to preschool for free (each in a different program) through our local public school system. Contact your Board of Education to see if there are any programs in your area.

I am guessing you have come here from one of those wonderful countries where they give moms a year paid leave after they have a baby and then pthe government provides free child care and pre schoold education and free schooling even in university. Some countries do have their priorities in a better place than we do. u

Unless you have a relative who is willing to provide free pre school education because they are educated to do so and love your child and have the time and financial ability to do this, you will have to pay to educate your children until they are eligible for free Kindergarten through grade 12. Sorry it is so ...Maybe we can elect people who will change this for the better..

1 / 3