Prenatal Yoga - Inver Grove Heights,MN

Does anyone know where I can take a prenatal yoga class? I love doing yoga at home but would like to get out of the house to take one.

I went to the Minneapolis Yoga Studio. The woman who taught it was/is a midwife which was really nice. They have moved their location since I was there, but I'm planning on starting up again this spring.
http://www.mplsyogaworkshop.com/schedules.html

I have not been here but have heard a lot about it, check out www.blooma.com. They are located in Edina and have all kinds of different options.

I have been attending pre natal yoga classes at Blooma in Edina (www.Blooma.com). I absolutely love it. I drive from Saint Paul twice a week when I can and it is well worth the commute. I think the majority of teachers are trained doulas. They offer prenatal yoga, yoga with your babies, child care, infant massage, cranial sachrial massage and a number of parenting workshops. It is a little more expensive than some of the other classes I have found in the Twin Cities but there are a lot more classes offered and the work out is amazing. I highly recommend Blooma.

If you're on the St. Paul side of town, try IHT (www.ihtyoga.org). It's on Summit Ave. They offer the class once a month on a Saturday morning (9-10am), and the instructor is awesome. Class size is typically small, I don't think I've ever been in a class with more than 3 people. Upcoming classes are Feb 9, March 8, April 12 and May 10. You just need to call or e-mail the instructor the day before the class if you plan on attending. I will be there, so maybe I'll see you there! :)

The southdale YMCA has prenatal yoga on Saturday mornings.

I see folks have already mentioned Blooma, which I've heard great things about. I did prenatal classes 5 years ago at the Yoga Center of Minneapolis, www.yogacentermpls.com. They also have mom&baby yoga classes.

Blooma Yoga in Edina is great.
www.blooma.com

They also have yoga for children you daughters'ages. I take my daughter there.

I would also recommend the Yoga Center of Minneapolis. I took prenatal and postnatal classes there and they were great. REALLY helped during labor, too.

Clare Welter is the best kept prenatal yoga secret in the Twin Cities. I took a Saturday class with her in Mpls when I was pregnant and it was one of the best things I did during my pregnancy. She's a great yoga instructor and is also a certified nurse midwife and a doula. See www.mplsyogaworkshop.com/classes.html#py
I credit those weekly classes in part to my relatively smooth labor and quick recovery.
-- L., mom to 6 month old boy

Also I just found this class taught by Clare:
Yoga for Labor, Couples Class, Feb. 16, 2008 (1:00 - 3:00pm) $30.00 per couple www.stpaulyogacenter.com/workshops.html
We will practice positions for labor, and partners will learn how to support the laboring woman. We will have a relaxed atmosphere, and all are welcome. Taught by Clare Welter. ###-###-#### ____@____.com

I took pregnancy yoga at the St. Paul Yoga Center (www.stpaulyogacenter.com) all through my pregnancy. Bonne, the teacher, is just awesome. I recommend her to all of my friends.

there is a great place in Edina (I know, not so close, but check out their website, www.blooma.com) that has pre and postnatal yoga, yoga for kids, massage, education classes and childcare (the owner is an instructor and doula). Otherwise, there is also aplace called, the Center for Happiness off 280 in St. Paul. Very different from one another, so check them out.