Prenatal Vitamins: DuetDHA, PruetDHA

I had been taking DuetDHA for my prenatal until my pharmacy made the switch to PruetDHA. I just assumed it was the generic because the price was much cheaper. A friend just requested the generic for DuetDHA at her local pharmacy and was told there wasn't one. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I can't find much info on the internet.

Hi A., I work with nutritional supplement Company, we have a lot of pregnant women using the supplements as their prenatal vitamin and feel great. There is no side effects and safe for the baby. Let me know if you would like to know more.

About me: Married with 2 children, work with great Nutritional Supplement Company from the comfort of my home. I love to share and help others with their health and finances.

Blessings,

A.

This is a late answer, but there actually are no "generic" equivalents for prenatal vitamins. The FDA does not regulate or approve prenatal vitamins, and since generics must be approved from an approved brand name drug by the FDA, there are no true generic equivalents. My pharmacy just sent me a completely different brand than what I've been taking, and actually wrote on the label "the generic equivalent for..." This brand contains soy, which quite a few people are highly allergic to. This is concerning to me since there are severe soy allergies in my family. Check labels carefully- prenatal vitamins are not all equally created.

I take the DHA supplement from GNC. My doctor said it was fine.

I had this happen at the end of my first pregnancy. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the "generic" it had a dark blue box. This time I just paid the difference for Duet DHA. I don't know if this info helps or not..

Market Street has free pre-natal vitiams (and some antibiots)at the pharmacy with a percription!

I also just got the generic for DuetDHA and they gave me PruEtDHA. I was told that PruEtDHA is the generic for DuetDHA. Hope this helps!

I used to take Duet DHA and my pharmacy switched me to Renate DHA Extra for a generic. I assumed the same thing. My Dr. said it's fine to take the Renate, it's the same thing.

Blessings,

A.

I took DuetDHA for my prenatal and still do (for breastfeeding). I was also told there wasn't a generic. I have never heard of the Pruet..

1 / 3