Prenatal Vitamins and Supplements

Did you only take the traditional prenatal multi-vitamin, or did you also take other vitamins/supplements? If you did take extra, what did you take and why?

ive been taking the one-a-day prenatals.. they come in a 2 pack one is the vitamin the other is the dha epa omega3.. theyve never given me a problem as long as u take em with a little bit of food, otherwise i get heartburn i just take them with breakfast..the only issue i have with them is theyre so damn big!!

This is what I use to take and I loved it b/c all the other ones out there makes you take it a few times a day.
1. Super Nutrition "Simply One" Prenatal.
It has the same amount of Folic Acid as a prescription prenatal and only had to take once a day. I took it right before bed and never missed a dose! Once a day was very important to me.
2. Ovega-3 "Omega-3s with DHA+EPA".
Both are all veggie based. No artificial dyes or anything and both once a day. I just got them from Amazon. It seemed cheaper than prescription and all natural!

I used children's chewables because it was all I could tolerate. I was sick the whole 9 months...I needed B vitamins for muscle cramps so I got Rainbow light ones because they are food based and the synthetic ones are bad for me. These worked well! Try to go natural and start easy. Good luck!

Prenatals gave me headaches, nausea, cramps, and insomnia. So I chewed flintstones a couple times a day!

When I was TTC, I took prenatals and some other natural supplements to aid in reproduction. During pregnancy I took the same, though I slowed down with the other supplements because I was having more difficulty taking pills. Since I am nursing, I have never stopped taking prenatal vitamins. I have doubled my dosage because I found that it gives me more fuel. I am not really a pill-taker. I believe in getting what I need from my diet but understand that we need a bit extra when these little suckers are draining us right where it counts. I am so very thankful for the healthy diet that I grew up with and have been able to maintain.

1 / 3