Prenatal Vitamins - Richmond,TX

Just found out we are expecting, so yay! But we are keeping it a secret from real-life friends/family for a myriad of reasons, which is hard b/c I *really* want to tell my children but they will tell everyone. Our ob doesn't see expecting women until the estimated 11th - 12th week, and I'm only around 5-6 weeks, I don't want to wait that long for a prescription. My question then is, what is a good generic, over the counter prenatal vitamin that I can start taking? My first pregnancy, I couldn't even take them b/c I threw them up immediately, but surely store brands have changed over the years, and my nausea gets better with each pregnancy. Any advice on good chewable pills or ones that aren't the size of a cow that is easy to swallow?

Rainbow Light Prenatal One. They're food-based (and vegan) and they didn't make me throw up, unlike the rest of the ones I tried.

if you look at the back of prenatal vitamins they are basically all the same, they only difference is some have iron and some don't (I would get the ones with iron) I just buy the cheap ones at walmart. they are less then $5 and the size of a tylenol. my cousin cousin take prentals because they made her sick and her doctor said she could take gummy bear vitamins. you can also try taking them at night with a couple cracker right before bed...sometimes this helps

I am using Nature Valley. I got them in Walmart for like $5.00 for 200 pills. My dr said they are just as good as the prescription and alot cheaper. Best of luck and Congrats!

Congratulations on the baby!

Just taking any kind of multi-vitamin is healthy. You could get any generic brand of prenatals or you could get children's Flintstone vitamins. You could also call your OB's office and ask if they could at least call in a prescription for you even though you can't get an appointment yet.

Also, if vitamins tend to make you sick, wait to take them at bedtime.

Flintstone's vitamins. Take them with food.

Femprental or for something quick Centrum for pregnant woment & Congrats...go get that vitamin asap! Good luck

I couldn't tolerate prenatal vitamins in early pregancy so I just took a folic acid supplement. It's the most important thing to get enough of in the first trimester. I also took a B complex vitamin because it helped my nausea.

Prenatals made my niece sick at her stomach, so her OB suggested a Flintstone. Really!

Today, go to the pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for a good pre-natal vitamin. You need folic acid now - very important! Hopefully you are getting enough in your food, but you can't just hope. Neural tube defects, like spina bifida, happen in the first weeks of gestation, as well as cleft palates. (though not all cleft palates are caused by lack of folic acid.)

If the doc wants to switch you to a prescription vitamin when he or she sees you, fine, but right now, get the vitamin from the pharmacy. They put some of them over-the-counter just for this purpose.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

1 / 3