Prenatal Exercise Classes

May I please if anyone has information regarding prenatal classes in the Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Johns Creek or Roswell areas? Most of the classe that I have found online are either within the perimeter in midtown or buckhead, or they are in the East Cobb areas, which unfortunately is out of my way. Any help would be great, thank you!

Thank you very much, everyone! I have heard of Plum Tree Yoga, and will inquire further with them. I was really hoping to have a class more than once a week since my last pregnancy, I began the prenatal yoga after the 1st trimester; thus, I felt like I have some ground to make up this time since I'm in my third already. Unfortunately, I don't have the self-discipline when it comes to exercise, so I would need to go a class. :) Sue, thank you very much about the Healthy Beginnings, which I had no idea about. Hopefully, they will have classes more frequent.

Thank you again!! I will keep you all posted on how the class(es) go.

I think that there may be classes available through North Fulton Regional hospital in Roswell. I know that when I was pregnant they gave me information on this. Also you may want to check with some indoor swim facilities. Often they have water aerobics classes that would be appropriate. Another idea would be to ask you doctor's office if they know of any place offering classes near you.

Try a prenatal yoga DVD. My friends in L.A. produced Rocki's Prenatal Yoga a few years back. Rocki was the prenatal yoga teacher to the stars and everyday soccer moms.

In historic Roswell - there is Plum Tree Yoga studio- I took classes there all thru my second pregnancy- they are awesome.
Nikki

I was working out at a gym before I got pregnant so during the pregnancy I just continued regular aerobic classes and cut back on the weight lifting ones. Drink plenty of water and stop when you need to. By about 6 months I was just doing low impact aerobics and walked a bunch. I would check with local gyms and ask them, they might have referrals if you want pregnant specific classes. If all else fails there are plenty of prenatal exercises on DVD.

I looked into the yoga class at North Fulton, they were very reasonably priced. They no longer offer it, but if you call and ask about it, the receptionist will give you the yoga instructor's contact info. She may do it privatly or opened up on her own.

JC,

I'm pretty sure there are prenatal classes offered through Northside Hospital at their Alpharetta campus off of Old Milton Parkway. Here is a link that talks about a class called "Healthy Beginnings" for expectant and new moms including yoga and water and regular low-impact aerobics: http://www.northside.com/classes_events/Maternity_Parenti.... Using a hospital program will allow you to avoid having to have a gym membership. good luck!

1 / 3