Prego with Tubes Tied?

i got my tubes tied in 2006 after my third kid,she was a iud baby.i am now having tought that im prego again!!!has anyone had this happen to them,and if so what was the out come.PLEASE HELP!!!

Sounds like you will be having another child but this time the doctor is going to pay for it. Unless you were informed that there's a possibility you still may get pregnant. I would maybe talk it over with a medical malpractice attorney and get his opinion what this case might be worth.

You can get pregnant with a tubal ligation. However it is more than likely a tubal pregnancy. You need to see your OB/GYN asap if that is the case

If you think you are pregnant, please do a test ASAP. Risk of a tubal pregnancy is very high for women who have had a ligation and become pregnant afterward. You may even want to get a test done at your doctors. But do it soon!!

I had a girlfriend who after her 3rd child had her tubes tied & 3 year later she was pregnant again. She freaked - but it does happen, she had a completely normal pregnancy & delivery. I hope it never happens to me (I also had my tubes tied after the bith of our twins) we are at year 5 and still holding :} -

Congrats if you are pregnant - but you need to see the OB if you are just to make sure all is OK.

happens a lot especiall if cur right after delivery

J., My daughter just went and had her IUD inserted on Tuesday. At that time the doctor told her that it was actually more secure than a tube ligation. She was shocked to hear this. She just had her first son 4 1/2 months ago and just now is having her first real period. He also told her she could start having sex that night without chance of pregnancy. God's plan always out weighs ours. He knows what we need more than we do. It's got to be His will honey. Best wishes!!!!! J.

when i had my tubes tied they told me that there is a 1 in 300 chance of becomeing prego

A friend of mine got pregnant at eighteen with her first child while on the pill. She had to give up a college scholarship and go to work. She had her tubes tied and got pregnant again, many years later (first child grown) and was happy to have a new baby in middle age.

I was using a cervical cap when I got pregnant with my first. My first thoughts shouldn't be seen in print. I almost chose not to have her as it really was bad timing, but I had always wanted to be a mom, eventually, and decided to be a single mom. I meditated on the situation and prayed a lot for the answer. Politically I am totally Pro-choice, but personally, at that time, I chose the baby.

Sixteen years later, I'm thrilled with the outcome. I've got three kids now, and I am DONE, so I understand your sense of desperation. Four kids is a LOT.

Babies are a LOT of work, and it's a scary time in the world. Only YOU know what's best for you. And deep down inside, you do know. Ask yourself and TRUST your self!

You said your third child was unplanned; how do you feel about her? It's natural to have resentment, even with planned offspring (Yes, sometimes I resent them, too). But when you are clear with yourself, you'll be able to do what is best with a clear conscience. Before or after the fact, every child deserves to be wanted, and only you can appreciate how this potential new person would impact you and your family.

Figure out your dates! If you decide it's best for you to get an abortion, you'll want to do that sooner rather than later.

Please find someone you can talk to about this -- maybe a counselor at Planned Parenthood or a midwife or a mental health counselor. This is a decision no one can make for you. Hang in there, it will get better.

L. D., mom of three

1 / 3