Pregnant with the Worse Head Cold/ Sinus Infection Ever

Hey moms,
Im 32 weeks pregnant and have a really nasty head cold/ sinus infection. My doctor is on vacation, and when I went to the pharmacy this morning, the pharmacists told me all the medicines they carried were unsafe for pregnant women. All Ive been taking is allergy pills and they are not doing a thing. I was also told eye drops and nasal spray is unsafe as well. Anyone know of any home remedies to get rid of this??? My symptoms are: stuffy-runny nose, sinus pain and pressure, itchy-watery-red-dry eyes, itchy and sore throat, coughing, and fever. Thanks for the help.

Get a Neti Pot! I used one when I was pregnant with my son, and it works wonders. Feels really strange, and you might want some help the first time, but it really does work.

My sister swears by a Neti-Pot. It is kindof a gross concept but is drug free. I believe they sell them at Wallgreens like stores. Good luck.

Neti Pot, Neti Pot, Neti Pot. I can't say it enough! It saved my life when I was pregnant! I think you can also take regular Sudafed and regular Benadryl. I took Children's Benadryl when I was pregnant. I slathered myself up with Baby Vicks too. It's non-medicated, but it really works. I would imagine that there's someone in your doctor's office, even if the doctor is on vacation. I would call and see if there's anyone there that can answer the question. If not, try your regular family doctor.

Neti pot for nasal irrigation. Dr. Oz even showed this on Oprah a few years ago. Very gross but very affective. I had the worst allergies when I was pregnant and I swear the Neti pot has saved me from a sinus infection. Now I use it when I start to feel a cold come on and during allergy season. It helps tremendously. It takes a little bit to get used to but is a natural way to clear out your sinuses and feel worlds better. I think it also helps wash the allergens out of your sinuses and gives you a bit of relief too.
http://www.webmd.com/allergies/sinus-pain-pressure-9/neti...

I was given a long list of meds I CAN take while pregnant and among others, Sudafed was on it. Good luck. :)

Go out to a drug store or health food store and get a neti pot. It can really help with the sinus congestion and allergies. --R. H.

Decaffeinated hot tea might ease some of the symptoms--maybe add a little honey and lemon. I don't think anyone has suggested a chiropractor yet. I used to get chronic sinus infections and now whenever I feel one coming I go get my sinuses adjusted. It hurts at the time, but it opens up the passages to allow drainage. Either a Neti Pot or saline nasal spray are good ideas too. I think you can take Tylenol for the fever. If it truly is a sinus infection, you might need a prescription for antibiotics.

I would ask the dr. about two things - using a saline rinse (like a neti pot, for example) and also taking garlic.

1 / 3