Pregnant or Not? - Farmington,MN

We are trying for number 2. I am 5 days late and I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Normally I can tell you down to the hour when i will get my period. The only other times I have been late is the month of my wedding (stress) and when I was pregnant with my daughter. Should I retest or am I really not pregnant and just anticipating it so that is why I am late?

It turns out I wasn't pregnant, just late. But i am this month!

I would definetly go in and have a blood test done. They are the most sensitive to the pregnancy hormone then home pg tests. GOOD LUCK!!!!! I know how stressful trying have a baby can be. It took me two years with my daughter!

With number two I didn't get a positive test untill a week and a half late. It really drove me nuts not knowing for sure. I hope you find out soon so you dont have to keep wondering.
A.

i would maybe try another test if period doesnt show. and if that one shows neg and you still dont have your period i would go have your blood tested.. that will tell you for sure if you are or not.. good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard that if a pg test is going to be wrong it will tell you you are not pg. Because your body may not be producing enough of the hormone when you test to register that you are in fact pregnant. Wait a week and test again.

If it's not normal for you to be late- test again. If you have a dollar store by you, get pg tests from there. Their tests are as sensitive as First Response Early Result, so something should show up, and it won't break the bank to keep testing! If you keep getting -'s go to the Dr. My SIL never had a + home test with her 2nd son. Good Luck, hopefully you'll get a + soon, let us know!

I did the same thing at 5 days and got negative with our second child. I waited a week and got a positive.
Try a different test. With our first child, it took 7 tests and I was already 8 weeks prego before I got the positive. DON'T WAIT to long. Call the doc if you don't get your period next week and still don't get the good old plus!!!
Good luck!!!

I took three different tests all in different weeks that said negative. The day after the third one the doctor said positive!

I tested neg 4 times with my son. Im sure your preg. Go to the dr and have a blood test.
Looking forward to hearing good news!

I was SO sure I was pregnant on my birthday, but my test came up negative, even though my period was a week late. I waited another three days and it was positive that time. I'd just give it a few days. Good luck!

1 / 3