Pregnant and SO Sick

I need some tips and advice. I am 8 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby and I feel
so sick that I can hardly function. I don't throw up I am just really
nausious(sp?). Do you have any tricks or suggestions? I don't know how long I
can live with this!
Thanks, K.

eat eat eat, that really does help. Make it healthy though you are making a baby who needs the correct nutrients and fat(lots of Fat), and protein. Not pop and suckers. Lots of small meals. Good Luck

Hope this will help. When I was pregnant with all of my children (total of 3) I had that sick feeling for the first three months. I would put cheerios in a baggie and eat them pretty much all day long. I didn't feel quite as sick anymore and could function without feeling like I was going to throw up.

Good Luck and Congratulations!

Been there done that.......so sorry for you to have to go throught this!
Wear sea bands, they help. Also sounds weird but works, keep cut up slices of lemon in a baggie. Smell them when you are feeling nausious.
Hope it passes soon!

I also sympathize...was so sick with my first that I finally started taking Zofran at month 4. (my little one is happy and healthy-I was very nervous about taking it though) Lost 15 pounds and couldn't keep anything down so I had to do something:) I had to take it my whole pregnancy. I'm in my 4th month now with my second and same thing. I agree with everyone who syas if you can keep something in your stomach it helps. The problem with me was actually finding something i could get down. This time for me I live on Jolly Ranchers, they make that pukey feeling go away. I also did the frozen coke thing for awhile, I allowed myself one a day. I think everyone is different and you have to find what works for you...good luck and maybe you will be one of those lucky ones that it ends soon!

Yep, that was me a little under three months ago. I just had my 3rd baby and I wasn't sick for maybe 5 days out of the whole pregnancy. What helped me immensely was drinking sparkling water, mostly La Croix either the lime or lemon. It's just like soda, but no calories, salt or sugar. What also worked for me was to eat watermelon, honeydews, and cantaloupe. Papaya extract tablets are also suppose to work well. My doctor also put me on Zofran because I just couldn't function (I also have a 4 year old), so I needed to take care of him. I used the Zofran only when it was so bad that nothing else worked. My newborn was born healthy and has no problems, in case you are wondering if the Zofran affected him--we are all fine now:)

Congratulations on your new munchkin:)

Hi K.. My heart breaks for you, because unless people have gone through such debilitating nausea...they have no idea. I was sick the whole nine months with my first and through month 5 with my other two, and that debilitating nausea (that literally made me unable to function) is still the toughest thing I have ever had to get through. You will most likely be like the majority of women who are blessed with it going away after the first trimester :)

In the meantime, my advice is to
1) Make sure your husband is in your corner and explain to him how much you need not only his help, but his "support" even if it is just sitting next to you/in the same room as you...otherwise it can get really lonely
2) Take any help that is offered to you from family/friends, especially if you happen to have other kids
3) Be sure to ALWAYS have pretzels, saltines or other dry salty snacks RIGHT AT YOUR BEDSIDE to shove in your mouth the moment you wake...and keep those snacks with you at all times.
4) Dum Dum suckers were also with me at all times to get the awful taste out of my mouth.
5) If any food happens to appeal to you, EAT IT. I cannot eat Arby's roast beef sandwhiches ever again because strangely enough they appealed to me just enough that I would not throw up/feel quite so nauseous. But boy was I thankful for them when I was sick and I would have never eaten them had I not been pregnant/sick
6) Keep yourself hydrated. I lived on pretzels/slurpees because the sweetness of the slurpees masked the awful taste in my mouth (unlike water spreading the taste around), but I could not handle soda/anything carbonated because the bubbles/fizz actually made my reflux (by the way that is a main contributor of the nausea) worse
7) Let go of having to eat a certain way you may be normally used to. I am always organic, lots of fruits and veggies, etc. when I am not pregnant...but when I am pregnant/nauseous, I throw all of that out the window and eat whatever makes me feel better or I can keep down.
8) One last thing that may sound unbearable but helped me tremendously is taking two teaspoons of good apple cider vinegar diluted in a glass of water (sweetened with honey if needed) with EVERY meal. It sounds crazy, but the acid in the vinegar actually helps your stomach break food down better so that you have no reflux. I know it sounds crazy and maybe it won't work for everyone...but it helped me so much that i would never be without it (and by the way, it kept my sugar levels in tact and also gave me energy). If you are willing to give it a shot, you MUST USE AN UNFILTERED VARIETY. Whole Foods 365 Brand is the best/sweetest tasting, then Trader Joes comes second. Braggs is a very popular brand but I found it way to harsh. The kind you find at typical grocery stores that is clear and filtered will not work.
9) Last thing...try to keep yourself busy. Even though the days are agonizingly long when you feel this way, they will go by just a little faster if you can get a bunch of good books, have people visit, etc.
10) Ok one more 'last thing'. I went off my prenantal at 8 weeks because I knew the folic acid had already done its most important job. I felt an improvement by not taking it because it was hard on my stomach. And I had three extremely healthy/smart babies. Check with your doctor, but it may be worth giving a try.

Best of luck K.! I truly truly hope this is over soon for you! Hang in there and know that you WILL get through it (and believe it or not) it will be a memory soon that is replaced with the greatest blessing/gift on earth!

Good Luck and Congratulations!

Congrats! I wore the accupuncture bands for motion sickness. I got sick, physically, 3-4 times a day. It was much better when I wore the bands. Good luck, hopefully it ends soon.

Oh, if you tried saltines and they didn't work, try a different brand. That worked for me.

I did fine as I always had saltines for the acid stomach. Massage also helps to combat morning sickness and offers other benefits as well.

I was very lucky until near the end due to stress triggering things. Keep positive and relax!

I had nausea with both of my pregnancies - I almost never got sick but it felt like, during the first 3 months of both pregnancies, I had constant nausea... I kept Altoids Citrus Sours candies with me. They seemed to help... They come in a round tin.

With my third I was very nauseous, what really helped me was eating anything sour. I kept sour patch kids with me at all times, when I would feel sick I would eat one. It eventually came back but then I would eat another. Hope this helps. If you don't like these lemon heads work, anything sour would.

1 / 3