Pregnancy with No Insurance

Does anyone have any suggestions on what a person can do it they are pregnant and have now insurance? This person makes too much money to qualify for access $120 a month too much. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you, T.

I got a pregnancy and newborn Mag. from the Dr after I got pregnant and on one page I remember passing has a number to call.
MaternityCard provides hospital and dr. benefits even if you are already pregnant
800-840-6570
at the bottom it has AHCO Affordable Healthcare options

800-840-6570

Sometimes they have special programs besides Access for pregnacnies only. I am sorry i dont know the program names but I would check with groups like planned parenthood, they might know more

I didn't have insurance when I had my son who is now 2, I paid a monthly membership fee to get a discount from some place but it ended up not being worth it, they give you a huge discount if you can pay cash, maybe get a personal loan to do that??

I know some hospitals, like Maricopa Medical or St. Joes, have delivery packages available at lower costs designed for this type of situation.

have they tried kidscare? it's thru ahcccs but has a monthly premium for those who make slightly too much to qualify for the free ins. there is onformation about it on the des website. hopefully everything works out.

Hi T.,
WOW...I couldn't imagine going thru a pregnancy without insurance. I know that must be stressful. I went to GOOGLE and typed in "Pregnant and no insurance", and this is the link that popped up: http://www.maternitysavings.com/enrolld3.asp?source=0D0I1...
They might be able to help. You might find some other helpful tips on GOOGLE also. You can basically type in anything and there are so many different links that pop up. I sure hope this link I provided for you helps. Take care. Wish the best to your friend, or whomever needs this assistance. G. :-)

It is not a quick process but if you are in Az so I am assuming.St. Josephs hospital has a program they call mercy care.There is an application process but it is a great program.They go through you finances and figure out what you can afford to pay for you prenatal care/delivery/postnatal care.They break it down in to a 12mo payment plan.I had my 2nd and 4th children there.Basically you are being seen at the hospital for prenatal visits and you will deliver there also.Your prenatal care will be given by interns who are overseen by doctors.I was considered high risk so my cases were watched more than most.They have a certain wing that they have the "clinic" at.They do all the ultra sounds check ups there at the hospital and you deliver there.My first one there they figured at $90 a month and the second was $110.But they roll the pre/delivery/post all in that price.They also have a program for when the baby is born for their medical needs it is called pacc clinic that is easy to get in once you go through the mercy care plan.Good luck.ST. Josephs Hospital 7ave and thomas I believe.any more questions you have feel free to email me.

OK! Hi! I work for DES actually.... When she applied for AHCCCS was she pregnant or did she apply afterwards? If it was before, she needs to take her proof of pregnancy in and reapply for it. Does she have other children? If she does she can apply for KidsCare as a HIFFA parent. I know it all sounds like german, but that would be my advice. If you want to give me specifics on it you can email me @ ____@____.com and I can give you a little more direction. Hope this helps!
~ J.

1 / 3