Pregnancy Symptoms Seem Gone...

I am almost 9 weeks pregnant. I had my first ultrasound on Tuesday and saw my little baby and heard the heartbeat. The doctor said the heartbeat was strong. I am so excited. I have experienced very little in the way of pregnancy symptoms so far. The main symptom has been breast tenderness. This morning I woke up and panicked because my tenderness is virtually gone. I am so scared because I have read about women who lost their symptoms and later found out the pregnancy had not progressed. Could this be what is happening?

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your encouraging and thoughtful remarks! I called my doctor yesterday and was reassured that everything was fine. And -my tenderness has returned in full force! Guess it just took a day off. I won't be complaining about it, that is for sure. :-)

The sore boobs thing doesn't last too long - thankfully.
I've been preggo many times - I've miscarried many times- each time I had different symptoms - with my son my boobs were on fire, I couldn't stand odors for 4 months and felt carsick 24-7 for 4 months - never threw up - just REALLY wanted to. At 4 months I got horny meanwhile hubby had seen the ultrasound and was freaked out that the baby was watching so no love for Mama.
anyway - this time around I'm at 13 weeks - everything is great - I've had 4 ultrasounds - all gorgeously normal. My boobs never so much has itched so far, I was nauseated right away - odd for me but it went away at 8 weeks so I freaked out - but everything is still moving along just fine.
You don't have to have textbook symptoms to have a healthy pregnancy. This time around I've had a lot of wierd symptoms - I coughed and popped all the blood vessels in my eye - my gums bled like crazy for 2 weeks - I get dizzy walking up stairs if I watch the steps - I have to look up. I'm having bizzare dreams - very vivid and I don't have any food cravings...oh yeah and I found a lump in my breast - but it's just a clogged milk duct...
hang in there!

I wouldn't worry... My first two kids I had no sign of being pregnant...nothing. I only got a little breast tenderness with my 2nd and that was it. No morning sickness, nothing. I wouldn't have even elt like I was pregnant except for the fact the my belly began to get a bulge and so forth.

Congratulations!

my breast tenderness did the same thing around 10 weeks and I had a very healthy full term little girl 30 weeks later.

Try not to worry about it, and congratulations on the pregnancy.

Alli

Hey V.,
Congratulations! I'd say count yourself lucky if you're virtually "symptomless!" As others have noted, they didn't feel much going on. I assure you, down the road you will! I recall reading somewhere that 60% feel sick the 1st trimester or so and 40% don't (or vice versa). I guess you just hear so much about people not feeling good, that you've got to remember it's around 50% that feel fine. I did not show being prego for awhile nor did I have much in the way of "symptoms." I recall asking my OBGYN when I was going to "feel" pregnant. She just laughed! Congrats again and enjoy!!

I only had breast tenderness at the very beginning, so I believe it's normal and not a cause to panic when it goes away.

Reading some of the responses, I think a home pregnancy test is a good idea just for your peace of mind.

Believe me, if you dont have lots of pregnancy symptoms, that's good! (although maybe not for your peace of mind if you keep listening to all those "warning" or "horror" stories)

For my first 5 weeks, I didn't even want shower spray on my nipples. They hurt that much. I woke up one morning, and the boobs were fine again. (Aside from balooning out to size huge at two months along.) If you are still worried, do another over the counter pregnancy test.

Good Luck,

Hi V..

First of all, I'd like to say congratulations! Second, I would urge you to go buy a home pregnancy test and see what it says. I've miscarried 3 times. My first pregnancy I was pregnant with twins (didn't know it at the time) and was at my scheduled appointment to hear the heartbeat. I had MAJOR pregnancy symptoms and was EXTREAMLY TIRED all the time.. I literally could not keep myself awake. Anyways, they tried the heart doppler and couldn't find a heartbeat so they did an ultrasound, at which time they told me I was pregnant with twins. They then proceeded to say that neither of my babies had a heartbeat.. =(
The next miscariage I had gone in, heard the heartbeat and like you... lost my symptoms.. I took a home pregnancy test and the line was so light I was very worried.... I took another test 2 days later and the line was gone... I schedulled an appointment and sure enough...my baby didn't have a heartbeat. I don't want to scare you, but it can happen. On another note, some women get pregnant and have very few if any pregnancy symptoms until the end. Needless to say, if you have any concern at all... see your OBGYN... that is what they are there for. Like someone else said, you aren't the only new mama who has questions and concerns.. it's their job to put your mind at ease. Good Luck and I wish you a happy, healthy pregnancy!

hang in there!

V., I too had very little pregnancy symptoms until the very last part of my pregnancy. You may not "feel" any for a month or two but then you'll start showing and then feeling. Next time you see your doctor you can mention your concerns but really.....this is all natural and remember that each woman is different. We're not robots, though at times it may seem that way. Ha! Good luck and sleep well......you'll need the sleep now for later on when you don't get any.

Hi V.,

My name is P.. I was 11 wks pregnant and didn't feel my pregnancy symptoms anymore. Got a little worried. But, all my girlfriends told me that it happens. Your body changes constanly during your pregnancy. So I wasn't worried at all.

I had a little brown spotting and girlfriends assured me that it was normal. Again, I wasn't worried at all. Then a few days later. I had a miscarriage.

If you feel uncertain about something. Just call your doctor and make an appointment to go in. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck!!

Don't stress out, maybe you are one of the luck few that have a nice easy pregnancy. You can't do anything about it, so try to relax. Keep taking great care of your baby and try not to worry.
Congrats on this happy time in your life. Soon your going to be very busy, so enjoy the time with your partner and don't focus on what you can't control.

1 / 3