Pregnancy Symptoms but Not Pregnant

Ok maybe someone can help me out because I am confused. I had my period 7/18 right on time but a few days before then I started getting pregnancy symptoms. I took a test and it was neg, so I just assumed it was stress and my body getting ready for my period. I am still having almost every symptom I have had in other pregnancies; heartburn(something I only get when pg), bloating,headaches, very hungry, mild cramping in lower abdomin and back. Also, my boobs have grown a lot and one is leaking(not a lot though) and they are very tender. We are on vacation right now so going to the dr isn't an option for a little over a week. Anyone have any idea what is going on??

My sister had this exact thing happen to her, her belly even grew.

It is called a phantom pregnancy I believe and in my sisters case it was caused by an ovarian cyst. though you have had a lot of advice about it being a tubal pregnancy or even a miscarrage.

or, you very well could be pregnant too, wait a couple weeks and take another test! Hope everything works out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_pregnancy

Hey A.,

I'm there every single period now. I have two kids and after the first kid I didn't notice anything so much as after I had my 2nd. Now it seems like everytime I'm supposed to be starting..I start having my gums bleed, I can smell anything and everything for miles, I'm nausiated ALL DAY LONG...the list goes on. These only previously happened during pregnancies. I always end up taking a pregnancy test and then end up starting within a week. All I could say is hormonal changes maybe????

I would still go to the doctor when you get back but I wouldn't say it's anything to worry about on vacation :>.

Have fun and update us :>

You still could be pregnant.....lots of people have periods and negative pregnancy symptoms when first pregnant. I had 3 negative tests over a 3 week period, and I was 8 weeks pregnant when it finally showed a positive. I KNEW I was pregnant, but I just couldn't get that confirmation. I kept telling my hubby that I felt like I was pregnant, but the tests were negative and I still had a period. I now have a 6 month old daughter from my negative pregnancy test....good luck!

try to relax and have fun but dont drink or anything like that chanses are that your body is just trying to get back to normal from the 10mo

I'd take another pregnancy test, just to be sure. If you ovulated late in your cycle, its possible that you were pregnant and still tested negative and had a period ... that happened with my first son. Good luck!

if you listen to your body...you will realize that PMS (pre-Menstrual Syndrome) is so much like pregnancy symptoms it is scary...you may not have noticed it prior to children, but as we age, our body clues us into the next event. I can honestly tell you that you have described EVERY period I have ever had my entire life...
But in the off chance that you are preggo, no worries, right? I used to have two periods in the beginning of the pregnancy...babies are all fine...relax...

Well, you could still be pregnant. Often, women have their periods that very first cycle into the pregnancy, especially, I think if you ovulated late. I am 29 weeks pregnant and we started trying to get preg. in Jan of this year. I ran a pregnancy test a couple of days before my period was due in Jan and it came up negative. I chart my cycle really well and I know it was just two days before it was due. The preg test that I used was said to be accurate 3 or 4 days out. Still neg. I walked away disappointed. But something told me to try again a couple of days after I was due and there it was. A positive!

Try testing again, esp if you are on vacation so your mind will be at ease.

See your OB when you get home. I had most of the symptoms you're describing along with 4 neg pregnancy tests & 1 neg blood test. Two weeks later I went back for a sono & I WAS pregnant-around 8 or 9 weeks.

1 / 3