Pregnancy Books

I just found out I'm pregnant with my first child! I'm looking for a good pregnancy book. Can anyone make a recommendation? Or a good website?

CONGRATULATIONS! When I was pregnant with my first, I really loved the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting". It gave detailed explanations of what was happening throughout the pregnancy.

Congratulations. I found the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" to be an awesome book. It went month by month and gave tips, pointers, and most of all 'what to expect' each month!

www.babycenter.com is a great website. It will walk you through every stage and beyond. Plus they also have a lot of groups and boards where you can find ideas on almost every topic imaginable. Good luck and congratulations.

i have several books in unread condition that i could sell. in fact i have all sorts of stuff like swings and bouncy chairs play mats etc my boys don't use anymore if you're interested in buying gently used intead of new!

What to Expect when You're Expecting...and their website www.whattoexpect.com.

What to expect when your expecting is a great book. Depending on who your obgyn is they may give this book to u for free. I got one with all three kids and with each chapter as I got to that stage and went to the dr, I wrote down the progress of my pregnancy. So that way it personalizes the book for you

jenny mccarthy baby laughs and belly laughs are two great books that I found funny and informative.

When I became pregnant with my first, I purchased "What to Expect when You're Expecting" but never really got into it much. I did, however, LOVE "The Pregnancy Bible." It had great illustrations/photographs of the progression of your body and the baby throughout the pregnancy. It was very positive and informative and all-inclusive. It covers everything from conception through pregnancy to caring for yourself and your newborn post-delivery as well as advice for dads. LOVED it!

As for websites, I also used babyfit.com which was great for tracking my calories to ensure I was eating enough, and the forums were great. Kellymom.com is a GREAT reference for information about breastfeeding.

I had about 5 of them but my favorite by far was called: "What to Expect When You're Expecting". It was a bedside "pregnancy bible" for both my first and my second. They also make more books in the "What to Expect" series that are really helpful such as:

What to Expect:
1) The First Year
2) The Toddler Years

ETC.

Congrats on your new baby!

"What to Expect When You're Expecting" is the book I've gotten for all my daughters when they had their babies.

1 / 3