Pregnancy After Removal of Mirena IUD?

Has anyone gotten pregnant after having a Mirena IUD removed. Were there any complications with the removal or with the pregnancy? How long did it take to get pregnant? Anything else I should know?

Well, it took awhiile - 6 months - but I did finally get pregnant and am now 11 weeks along. Our new baby is due in May. Thanks for all the advice. It gave me hope during those interminable months of trying to conceive.

I had the Mirena IUD put in after the birth of my son (who is now 5 yoa) and needed to have the IUD removed in July 2006 (it moved from where it was supposed to be, an uncommon problem)... anyway, in January, I discovered I was pregnant! So 6 months after having it removed, I concieved again. I hope this helps.

I was told that you could get pregnant right away after the removal, that you really didn't need to wait until the return of a "normal" cycle like with other forms of BC.

I've had the Mirena IUD after both of my kids, and took it out myself both times (it's really easy and my doctor said that was ok, although it's a good idea to get checked after having it out). The first time I got pregnant the same month I took it out, the second time it took 5 months, but I think that was probably more due to stress. I love having it, especially because i don't have a period after a few months.

I had a Mirena IUD after my first (which we got pregnant with the right away) and it took me six months to get pregnant with my second. no complications and I didn't even feel the removal of it.

I have mirena in right now and we are thinking of getting pregnant again. Good question! I will definately be reading the responses. I'll let you know how it goes too if you want.

Having it removed was 100 times easier than having it put in!
My Dr. removed my IUD and said "Have at it!" :) It still took us 6 months but that was probably due more to stess.

I had the IUD in for a little over a year and had it taken out to try for our second child. Having it taken out was painless and only took 2 seconds. It was really fast. We were preganant with our second within 3 months of the removal. I didn't have any complications with the preganancy and he is now a beautiful boy and I have since gotten the IUD put back in! Good luck!

I had my IUD in for about 9 months and then decided to "try" for another baby being it took awhile to conceive our first son. I had it removed in early November and got pregnant in late November. Due in August and no problems at all.... Good Luck!

1 / 3