Pregnancy After Partial Hysterectomy?

Okay gals, I'm sure I'm just crazy but thought I would ask. I found some similar situations to mine on ehealthforum but no answers. Thought I would ask all of you if you have or have known anyone with this. I had a partial hysterectomy in January of '05. The last couple of months now I have pregnancy symptoms. Nausea, vomitting, swollen and tender breasts and even substance coming out of them in small amounts that resembles colostrum. I have even felt a thumping sensation in my abdomen that feels like a baby kicking. I know it sounds completely insane and logic tells me that I can't become pregnant without a uterus but what the heck? I sure feel like I am. I haven't talked to the doc yet, untill I found that other site I hadn't told anyone cuz I feel crazy!

I am unsure if it is possible for you to be pregnant, but I do know that you should be seen for the thumping in your belly. If it is pulsating it could be something serious. Abdominal Aortic Aneurisms can cause a thumbing in the stomach. It is an extreme. but possible. Please let us know what happens. God has a way of providing miracles when we least expect them. Maybe you are pregnant

Good Luck,
A.

my only advice is take a pregnancy test for your own piece of mind. If that is inconclusive- go see your doctor.

I'd take a test just to put your mind at ease. It is prob just homones and Gas. Maybe your doc can adjust meds if you are on them.

Sounds like it could be a surge of estrogen. Your hormones may still be unstable so as long as you've seen a doc to rule out tubal pregnancy, time may sort out a hormone imbalance. In the longer term, natural progesterone cream has worked really well for myself and some friends. Low progesterone means that estrogen is dominant, an imbalance which can produce your symptoms, though not sure about the colostrum. I can only repeat what the others have said: Go to the doctor!

When my sister had her total hysterectomy she went on hormones. There were quite a few and it took a long time for her body to adjust to the drastic change. These hormones affect just about everything in our bodies, right down to building the bones. I have NO idea is a pregnancy is possible. I certainly wouldn't think so, or at least not a viable one. Because of the hormonal symptoms, I would certainly go to the doctor. You don't have to say you feel pregnant if that makes you feel crazy. Just the discharge from the nipples and vomiting would be symptoms enough to go in, I would think.

I guess nothing is impossible in life. Although unless some sort of glitch happened... or your a medical marvel that can have children outside of the norm of a uterus... I would go with your fine and because your looking for a certain solution/answer you are finding it.

But like I said nothing is impossible. So go take a home pregnancy test. What will it really hurt. If your feeling actual movement you would be so far along that surely a home pregnancy test would pick it up. Then next time you go in for an appt talk with your doc about your symptoms and I'm sure they'll have a more plausible solution.

That is pretty weird! I am not sure what to say. Have you had a pregnancy test? I had the tubal ligation when I had my last baby 2 months ago. I also have been having symptoms. I have a clearish discharge (sorry tmi) and I have been a royal witch with a capital B. I am to scared to test, I don't know if it could happend, but if it did it's pretty dangerous because I could end up with a tubal pregnancy. I don't know what to do either!

Have you heard of a "phantom" pregnancy or pseudocyesis? It's where your mind tricks your body into thinking it's pregnant. Your brain can trigger your pituitary gland to secrete hormones that mimic a pregnancy, especially if you're thinking you might want more kids.
I've had my tubes tied & every once in a while I experience something that feels like a baby kicking too. I assume it's gas & it always goes away. If you're on a new medication that can might bring symptoms too.
I hope you figure it out!

1 / 3