Pregnancy After Having a C-section and Tubal Ligation

I have had 2 c-sections one in 2005 and one in 2007. After having my son in 2007 by c-section, I had a tubal ligation at the same time. Does anyone know what the chances of getting pregnant again after this are. I have done some online research and have found out there is a chance of getting pregnant after having a tubal ligation but, I have also found it depends on the proceedure that is done. I do know a protion of my tubes were cut out and removed. Any answers are very helpful.

Had a good friend have a baby after tubal but she had to take meds and do ivf.....it was a long and planned process. Never herad of unplanned pregancy after tubal.

When looking at sterilization procedures for myself, my OB said that all procedures have a 1 in 100 chance of failure. If insurance covered the tubal plugs, that was how I was going to go. But insurance didn't cover it, so I went with non-hormonal IUD for 10 years (which also has 1 in 100 chance), and may be ready for hysterectomy by then? My neighbor had a tubal 8yrs ago, and surprisingly found out she was pregnant (due next month). Good luck!

I'm sure it's possible because sometimes the tubes can grow back together. I would ask an ob-gyn and maybe look into a reversal done to better the chances. But I dont know anyone personally who has had it done and got pregnant. But good luck :)

If you are trying to become pregnant you will have to do IVF. If you are trying to make sure you won't become pregnant then speak to the OB who did the procedure and find out what technique they used and what your likely hood of becoming pregnant is. It will be low but some techniques are better than others. People have become pregnant after tubal.

The only people I know who got pregnant after a tubal were ones that used the clamps on them, rather than cutting out a section. I had a portion of my tubes removed and it's been 13 years so I'm pretty sure I'm good and don't have to worry about getting pregnant again.

While there may still be a chance I think it's a really really really slim chance and nothing to stress over.

1 / 3