Potty Training and Pullups

We have been potty training my almost 3 year old daughter for the last few days. It started it off with some resistance and a lot of accidents! Once she knew she would not be getting any diapers she started going. She's had a great couple of days and now seems to enjoy using the potty. My question is what to do at night? I don't want to give her pullups at all just because I'm afraid she might start to beg for them during the day. I used them with her a few months ago but she just treated them like diapers. I would like to just use underwear but she can't stay dry all night. Any suggestions on any alternatives to pullups? I just want to avoid any confusion and keep the day training on track. Thanks!!

She is old enough to have control, just be brave and do underwear! We trained my daughter at the same age and put her in panties for bed. She wet the bed ONE time, then it never happened again. She learned from it and even would talk about it. We could see she understood what had happened. And we were diaper free, pull ups free, from then on. It was so worth it!

My son has been potty trained since Nov but he still wears a pull-up for nap/bedtime. He doesn't have any confusion.

Both of my boys slept in diapers for up to a few months after they were completely day trained. They had no trouble switching back to underwear during the day. My almost 3 year old was day trained last month. Last week he really started fighting me on wearing a diaper at night. So, he wears underwear all day and all night. He's only had 1 night accident. Try to cut off fluids about 1 hour before bed, then take her to pee before you go to bed.

You're on the right track! Pull ups are very convenient for parents but they are diapers. We never used them for the same reason you stated-our daughter just treated them like diapers. We used a technique from the 3 day potty training method. Our daughter's bedtime is 8:00 pm. At the time we did this she was two months shy of 3. We would limit her fluids after 6:00 pm and have her go potty right before getting in bed. My husband would then take her to the potty after about an hour and a half (eventually lengthening it to 2 hours) after she had been asleep. He would also offer to take her before he left for work (this didn't last long because she never had to go). Don't worry this does not disturb their sleep, half the time she was barely awake. After about a year we stopped waking her to go and she hasn't had one accident since. The body cannot learn control if it is never given a chance. Give it a try, I bet she'll do great!!

A couple good waterproof mattress pads, laundry detergent, and lots of patience!

once my son was READY to train he had dry nights ... but you could think about using a panty liner maybe. Once they pee enough during the day they will have dry nights and they will learn how to hold it longer.

Sorry, being day time potty trained and staying dry at night do not always go hand in hand. During the day they consciously control it, at night however, no choice, just the body doing its thing. I would stick with the night time pull ups until she can stay dry overnight, might be soon, might be a long time. No need to put her and yourself through the discomfort of wet bedsheets and clothes every night.

we used the huggies overnight pullups for about 6 months. She's been fully daytime trained since 3 1/2, now she's finally fully night time trained at 4. We had no problem with her having pullups for night time and regular panties for daytime, she just called her pullups her "night night" panties.

1 / 3