Potty Training - Albuquerque,NM

I started potty training my daughter once she turned 2.(She is now 27 months) She took to it very good, we stopped using diapers and pullups during the day and at night and now she is having accidents. I don't understand what went wrong, should I go back to pull ups? Or should I leave her in panties? Please Help!!!!!!!

I sounds like she's doing awesome. I would limit drinks after 6pm. And make sure there is a nightlight in the bathroom so if she feels the need to go; she can see what she's doing. If she's a really hard sleeper; you might just want to stick to the pull-up for a little longer. Good luck!! She's doing great.

Is she just having accidents at night? If it was me I would go back to pull-ups. My experience is that once they have been in underwear and have to go back to pull-ups, the accidents sometimes stop because they usually want to be back in the underwear. Explain to her that since she is having accidents she has to wear the pull-ups and when the accidents stop then she can go back to the "big girl" panties!

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Hi T.,
I would go back to the Pullups/Goodnights. She's only 2, so she's bound to have accidents. It's perfectly normal. My sister potty trained her daughter at two and she had accidents. It's an adjustment and eventually she'll get the hang of it. Try not to let her have anything to drink 1 1/2 hours before bedtime and make her go potty before she gets into bed. Explain to her why she can't have anything to drink too so she'll understand. You'll most likely have to do that several times. Explaining that is. This might help cut down the accidents at nighttime. Good luck.G.

Hi T.,

Something you might try is using cloth training pants with washable panty protectors over them. Gerber makes these wonderful garments and they have elastic around the legs and waist, but are padded with vinyl on the outside. When you dry them, turn them inside out and put them in the dryer with no heat and the vinyl will not crack for a long time. I potty trained both my kids very late (4 years--boy and girl), but they NEVER have accidents at night anymore. Good luck and let us know how it is going.

I never used pull ups because I just thought of them as glorified diapers which does not let the child feel when they are wet or sticky.

1 / 3