Possible Miscarriage

Hello moms,

I am 5 weeks pregnant and my symptoms seem to be easing off- so early! I am concerned that this may be a miscarriage. I've had 3 + urine pregnancy tests and weeks 3 and 4 had some fatigue, sore breasts, some reflux. Now my breasts feel less sore and I feel like a million bucks!! I already am very versed with the medical perspective on this (I'm a physician), so I am only interested in personal experiences from mothers. Have any of you had symptoms back off so early and still have a viable pregnancy? Many thanks!

Update- We got an ultrasound yesterday and everything is A-OK! Thank you all again!
--------------------
Thank you all for your thoughtful responses. I am at ease about whatever the outcome may be, and certainly feeling more positive after reading your emails. I will write in again when there is more to report. Thank you again!

I kinda had the same thing. I had sore breasts and was tired in
the first 2 months, and had a little morning sickness. Then it all went away until month 6, then the fatigue came back, but not the sore breasts or nausea. Some people just have easy pregnancies. And my baby was 1 week early only and she was healthy. =) Hope you feel a little better

I didn't have pg. symptoms long at all. If you exercise and eat well and eat small meals all day long you won't get the typical morning sickness. If the baby didn't start kicking me around 22 weeks and if I didn't look like I'd swallowed a watermelon, I wouldn't have known I was pg. I felt great up to the day I had my son, was at the gym that day, walking the dog... slept and felt great. I swear by prenantal pilates and yoga.

My RE told me that symptoms aren't necessary...
My baby is 3 months old!!
I had few to no symptoms and the ones I did have would sometimes disappear.

Maybe a quantitive test would be helpful.

M.,
I never had any sumptoms with my first child and my second(s), they were twins no problems there either. I had a little nausea with the twins but it ended as long as I kept myself really hydrated.

I had a miscarriage before getting pregnant with my daughter and I felt much worse during the first pregnancy. Try not to worry. Unless you start bleeding or cramping you're probably fine. Good luck!

His Dr. M.,

I have some experience with this. I have had 3 successful children but also had 3 miscarriages. Two were miscarriages and 1 was a missed-miscarriage (ugh heart breaker). Each time that was unsuccessful was the most common time apparently, 8-9 weeks. Each pregnancy was different. The only time I had the "normal" changes was with my daughter. I was sick as a dog at 2 wks pregnant, sore breats etc...my 2 boys, nothing until later on - 3rd trimester was the worst. My point being that each pregnancy, each mommy-to-be has different symptoms. It depends I believe, on the baby. The only way to know with certainty though is to have an ultrasound. The not knowing when you are concerned about it, is not good for you or the baby. Good luck & God Bless YOU!!!

Hi M., i'm no doctor but if you feel like a million bucks I doubt that you are having a miscariage. you may be one of the women like m who brezzes through pregnancy, i had symptoms the first 6 weeks of all 3 of my pregnancies, after that I was great, later on as i got bigger, i had some back aches. After i delivered my breast were sore and tender, but that went away too, after they gave me the pill to dry up my
milk. What does your doctor say? for peace of mind make an appointment, but the women that i knew that had a misscariage were crampting to the point of doubling over and then bleeding. I wish you a healthy pregnancy and a beautiful healthy baby. Mother for 24 years J.

I always am amazed at how many women are upset/worried when they don't feel horrible when they are pregnant. Childbirth/pregnancy doesn't have to be a bad time. I have three wonderful children 16 14 & 5 and wish I was younger and could have more because I felt the best I ever did when I was pregnant. Your symptoms may come & go or you may just be blessed and not have any negitive feelings. Praise God that you feel good. I thanked God every day for the wonderful child inside me & for a quick painfree delivery. (They can happen) I highly recommend a book called Super Natural Childbirth you may have to order it from Borders they usually don't carry it but I always give a copy to anyone I know who is pregnant it is wonderful and full of Good stories of pregnancy. Best of look and don't worry ENJOY!!!

To answer your question - yes. My breasts were sore at about 4 weeks and I had mild heart burn, but both quickly faded and I never had morning sickness. I only got tired after doing too much, but no fatigue either. I kept waiting for something to happen, but I wound up having a pretty easy pregnancy throughout and now have a happy and healthy 6 month old boy. Good luck to you.

my first pregnancy was very easy. i felt bad for the first month or so and then felt great the rest of the time. hopefully, this is what you are experiencing. however, maybe you would feel better if you went to see a doctor ( even though you are one yourself). oh, are you bleeding at all? if so, definitely go to the doctor, but i bet you're just one of the lucky one's and are having an easy pregnancy. the very best of luck to you! keep me posted if want.

H.

1 / 3