Positive Pregnancy Test

Hello all- I just got a positive pregnancy test today- one line was faint in color- the other dark. Does it matter the color of the test? Am I pregnant??? I had 3 negative tests- and then the one today- looks like it was positive. Should I call my doctor? I am so anxious about this test. Thanks to all who respond.

Thank you to everyone who responded- it put my mind at ease. I wanted to update you all- I am pregnant- with my 5th child!!! I went to the doctor and they gave me a blood test- it was positive. Thanks so much again.

You are pregnant trust me. I had this with my daughter and I was 10 days late. I took the test and the one line was a very faint line. Congratulations!!!

We just had this conversation at work last week. A guy I work with said his wife took a test twice & both came back with a faint line in the positive. She took a digital one too (positive again). His wife called her dr. & they said it's positive no matter how dark or light the line is. Congratulations!

Contrary to popular belief, you CAN get a false positive on a pregnancy test. It's extremely rare, but it can happen. I don't mean to dash your hopes or anything, just wanted to say that it is possible. I would wait a day or two and test again. Your hormones double, or something close to it, every day. The line should be even darker tomorrow. Good luck!

Hi K.! I would go to your doctor to get a confirmation since you've done several home tests and the answers are a bit ambigious. Good luck! congrats if the answere is yes!

A. V.

I'd see my doctor. Because when I became pregnant with my last child. I had taken a pregnancy test and it was the faint blue positive and positive dark blue as well. I took 3 home tests and 2 said positive, one said it was negative. I went in to be tested (for the ease of my fiance's mind)...cuz he didn't believe me. I had it done at the hospital and it was a positive. Good Luck & Congrats!

YES! You won't have a false positive! This happened to me and I was pregnant.

Your hormones double everyday. Test again tomorrow but I am pretty sure you are. If you wait to go to the doctor for blood tests you will still have to wait. Make an appointment but test again tomorrow. The line will be darker the next day (maybe not by much) if you are pregnant. Or take one of the digital if you are concerned. It will tell you for sure if you are (without you having to guess if the line is dark enough). OH and test in the AM the line will be dark then. :) Congrats!!

No matter how light, if you can see it you are pregnant!
Congratulations!

1 / 3