Popped Cyst but It Exploded Inside My Face Instead of Out

I've had this cyst/deep pimple thingy under my eye for like a month. Today, it looked like it finally had a white head on it, so I squeezed. To my delight, I felt a pop! But nothing came out. It popped into the inside of my face! Now the whole under part of my eye socket is swollen way worse than before. I am waiting for the doctor's office to call me back but I'm freaked out. Is this something to worry about?? I feel like a fool for messing with it.

Thanks ladies. I went to the dermatologist this morning and they gave me a 6 week antibiotic treatment and a topical antibiotic as well. DON"T EVER POP A CYST!!!!!

If you have an optometrist, I'd contact them as well as your MD.

maybe place a cool tea bag on it - that might help with some of the swelling.

opthamologist or reg.md-asap!~~D.

Get tested b/c it could be a staph or other type of serious infection.

watch out for infection...

If you have situations like this, especially near the eye area, you should see a dermatologist. I know people who have had facial cysts and cystic acne.
This will sound scary, but they can inject something into it that will clear it up.
Leave it alone and get in to see a doctor.

I think you should get to the doctor. Infection inside your face shouldn't be taken lightly. Your doctor may send you to an eye specialist if it's too close to it.

Don't wait, B.. You probably need antibiotics, at the very least!

1 / 3